Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

23May10-01s.jpg

On a glorious 12th of June 1964, D3669 departs Merton Lane sidings with a short freight bound for Wimbledon west yard. The mineral wagons will be dropped off at Devonshire road coal yard on the return journey, the run round loop there being out of use by this date. Bath Bros. doll factory can be seen in the distance, but the suburban housing that surrounds the site is now hidden by the verdant tree growth that makes the scene very green for a London location.

• Like 2

That popular, named class 47 - 'ersy o eester'

post-6667-127067431727_thumb.jpg

Bit late jumping on this, but that's our engine! :P (i bet half of leicester didn't even know that engine exists)

Good photos people, way better skills (or models) of mine, keep it up, am loving it :D

edit* that failed epically..... probs guess what the pic is...

• RMweb Premium

... That 66 is weathering very nicely. Did you do it? smile.gif

Can't claim any credit for it I'm afraid. I will be reworking it a little in due course though.

Cheers

Dave

Sublime but not so ridiculous! Lovely effects there, Pete. Top marks for a bit of lateral thinking, too, as you didn't even need to use any Photoshop trickery.

cool.gif

Thanks for the kind words.

I had to use some photoshop trickery on this one- it was in color and I wanted black and white. wink.gif

post-41-127483737419_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Guest jim s-w

Hi Pete

I think I asked this on an RMWeb of old but what effect are you aiming for here? Looks kinda swampy.

Cheers

Jim

• RMweb Gold

Hi Pete

I think I asked this on an RMWeb of old but what effect are you aiming for here? Looks kinda swampy.

Cheers

Jim

The effect is clearly intended to be low lying mist, the kind that hugs the ground, often seen on early

mornings and near sea level.

Guest jim s-w

Hi Barry

I thought that but then I also thought mist only does that actually over water when the sun is out. I dunno though. :wacko:

Its a great effect, dont get me wrong but it does look a little weird. Would look great with Pete's Alien queen model though :lol:

Cheers

Jim

• RMweb Gold

Hi Barry

I thought that but then I also thought mist only does that actually over water when the sun is out. I dunno though. :wacko:

Its a great effect, dont get me wrong but it does look a little weird. Would look great with Pete's Alien queen model though :lol:

Cheers

Jim

I used to see it a lot in the Netherlands, hanging over fields - and I've also seen it near Severn Tunnel Junction, driving to

the bridge, and on the M4 in Wiltshire. Not always early morning either, sometimes late in the day. Must be one of those

inversion layer thingies.

Many thanks Marc and Dave. Don't think I've got any of those MRJ issues but will look out for them, and will also see what a web search brings up.

Tide going in and out, eh? Sounds fantastic!

Apologies for the late arrival - but funnily enough it actually did sound fantastic - Dave went for the full audio visual experience with Exebridge Quay. IIRC I saw it at a Bristol Show, in the days before DCC sound chips, so all you could hear across the hall was Dave and his damn seagulls. Great if you could see the layout but it got a bit tiresome after a couple of hours.

Adrian

• Like 1