Millers Dale in the 80s - BR Peak Line in N

RBE

Cheers chaps. Hopefully Ill be able to crack on with some of the stone areas this weekend. Im quite busy but Im hoping to get a couple of hours in on Saturday jigsawing the arches out.

Edited by RBE

Cheers John I hope that I can stir more memories as I go and create new ones with the 1980s perspective on the line. Below is a pic of what the layout should resemble when done from the viewing perspective. Mine will have way more foliage though as the trees have filled out considerably since this pic was taken!

post-6894-0-18425400-1389964006.jpg

Edited by RBE
  • Like 5

The latest photo of the two of them side by side really does show the quality of your work. Seriously stunning.

Seeing the black and white photo of the real location only helps to picture and imagine just how good your 37s will look passing over the bridges and through the scenery.

Oh and a blue 31/4 on a short rake of mk1s.......

Utterly brilliant. So much effort has gone into the building of this, it must be daunting to start whacking paint on?! Best not to think too much about it I guess! It's really coming alive now though.

Seriously inspiring modelling!

Thanks for the great comments guys. Makes the effort worthwhile! Hoping to get the arches cut for the main bridge in a bit. Ive neglected to buy enough 3mm ply to do the arches for the freight loop bridge so that will have to wait for the next delivery!!

Edited by RBE

Wow , the detail of that bridge makes it hard to believe its not 00 or 0 gauge .

Some of the threads on rmweb which this is one are really pushing the boundary s of what can be archived in a small scale .

Brian

P.s just seen the picture of the peak on the bridge and love it .

That looks absolutely awesome mate. Think you've got that paint absolutely spot on. I know you were contemplating that earlier on in the thread as to what colour it should be. Definitely the right choice. Can't wait to see it on its pillars.

Top work as usual.

Marcus

Hopefully pillar progress later.

I hope people will take N more seriously as its got so much potential. There seems to be the mindset in the modelling community that small scale means less detail. What we end up with is reams of N layouts that are barely more the trainsets with little in fine detail and stock pretty much out of the box. There are some cracking N layouts around but they are in the minority. I am trying to approach this project with no less concern with detail as I would 4mm or even 7mm for that matter. Hopefully it will show what is possible in the smaller scales and hope to dispell the myth that N is for long trains with less detail and it larger scales if you want something that looks like the real thing. Hopefully I can pull it off!

• Like 2