CARLISLE BUILDINGS Photo Restoration

Hi Alan,

Cheers for the kind comments, very much appreciated.

Hi Tony,

many thanks re your comments, weathering can be a bit tricky when dealing with a particular time frame as most of the photos from the period modelled are B&W and the colour ones mostly of modern times, so its down to interpretation in the hope to give the buildings some believability,

cheers

Peter

• Like 1

Here's another couple of pics of some of the prototype buildings for these stunning models, showing how little they have actually changed over the years and how accurately and realistically they have been modelled.

post-7247-0-31881300-1398159964_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-78378600-1398159985_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Dave

I was on Victoria Viaduct this morning and had a closer look at these buildings. 'Brass0Four's comment about how dirty buildings used to be needs updating, as these are still showing incredibly filthy stone work, as shown is Daves' (Waverley West) pictures.

Hi 87029,

yes, I know what you mean however the dilemma with models/weathering is, you can easily add more heavy weathering but you can't easily take it back off, so its tricky especially when the model is done in one country then shipped off to another to be place on the layout :-)

Next up is the Hotel though it has been difficult to get good photos of the details on one side of the building adjacent to the 2nd building due to scaffolding in the way.

Many thanks for your comments, much appreciated

(below is the 2nd building)

cheers

Peter

post-1241-0-00738700-1398329678_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gravy Train
  • Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Peter, those buildings are just superb..... Are you doing the station building too?

I've done bufferstops for this project and Mike has shown me the photos of the whole thing, I'm just gob smacked.... And maybe just a little jealous.

Dave Franks.

• 2 months later...

Hi Folks,

here is a photo I took a few weeks ago of developments on the Hotel build.

On he second photo, that is not a scratch on the window but a piece of plastic that has found its way on to the back of the window but not stuck to it thankfully :-)

Peter A L

post-1241-0-40232900-1410719149_thumb.jpg

post-1241-0-37651900-1410719362_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gravy Train
  • Like 4

Can you come and do something with the 12 inches to the foot version of this building, please. It is currently lying derelict with no obvious sign of anyone wanting to do work upon it.

'Chapeau' for your excellent work. This Carlisle resident is incredibly impressed with your work.

Edited by 87029
  • Like 1

A few photos of the Carlisle project in EM Gauge 4mm.

carlislemods5_zpsf1e48f01.jpg

HI

i was born and raised in Carlisle but now live west midlands the fence on victoria viduct and the slip road down to the station look and all the other pics you have done this to perfection would love to see the finished thing or more pics as you put more on  well done mate keep up the good work marrer 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've just found this thread I know Carlisle station well spent many hours there and have driven in and out of there.

I always admire the skill of scratchbuilders how they can take a sheet of plasticard and turn it into such an accurate and stunning model.I wish I could do that.

Fantastic model making I'm very impressed.

Hi Darrel,

thanks re your comments, very much appreciated, its incredible that since starting this thread, how many people live or associate with the place in some way.

The three buildings were commissioned out to me to construct and without drawings, proved tricky to do, It was all about getting things proportionally right, or should I say, to look right in the perspective.

I did however have some photos as a reference to work of and a template to work within and having constructed the road bridge also I was able to get dimensions from that.

cheers

Peter

Hi Teaky,

many thanks re your kind comments,

cheers

Peter

• Like 1