Bachmann announce Mk2f's

newbryford

3 hours ago, dj_crisp said:

Sorry if this has already been discussed but searching and reading the thread I didn't find the answer i was looking for.

Does anyone know which ESU decoder has been used in the DCC fitted versions - I'm using a sprog and that gives me many options so I'm not sure which one to use. My aim is just to change the DCC address, swap direction on a few coaches (for tail lights) and change the function mapping. Currently i can read a coach but not write so i think i've chosen the wrong one.

thanks!

Will

Unfortunately it appears to be its own custom decoder, "Bachmann Mk2f" is one of the options in LokProgrammer to change the settings. I would suggest though it is similar (if not the same) to the ESU digital lighting bars. Certainly all the options are the same.

Regrards,

Bruce 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, D400 said:

Unfortunately it appears to be its own custom decoder, "Bachmann Mk2f" is one of the options in LokProgrammer to change the settings. I would suggest though it is similar (if not the same) to the ESU digital lighting bars. Certainly all the options are the same.

Regrards,

Bruce 

Hi Bruce

Many Thanks for your help which has resulted in me finding it in decoder pro...!

All working fine now and I can reprogram to my preferred set up :)

cheers

Will 

• Like 1

On 02/04/2024 at 17:57, dj_crisp said:

Hi Bruce

Many Thanks for your help which has resulted in me finding it in decoder pro...!

All working fine now and I can reprogram to my preferred set up :)

cheers

Will 

Hi Will,

Do you need anything out of the ordinary to programme in Lokprogrammer? Or do they read fine without a motor on the track? Hadn't thought to try on a Lokprogrammer but will give it a go if it's simple enough.

47 minutes ago, SouthernMafia said:

Hi Will,

Do you need anything out of the ordinary to programme in Lokprogrammer? Or do they read fine without a motor on the track? Hadn't thought to try on a Lokprogrammer but will give it a go if it's simple enough.

I used my sprog and decoder pro to programme... when reading the decoder type cv it gave hundreds of options then with the help from this forum I found the right light bar option. Then it's plain sailing.

I've got 2 mk2f sets and have so far only programmed my virgin one. It was a breeze in the end. As there's an option to have CDLs operating one side or the other or both they're now directional as well as the tail lights. 

I've never really noticed if CDL lights illuminate platform only side or both on the real thing tbh!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, dj_crisp said:

I've never really noticed if CDL lights illuminate platform only side or both on the real thing tbh!

I can remember being told that on some stock they operate on both sides and on others they only light up on the platform side.  From memory I think it was second gen DMUs that did the former and coaches did the latter, but I could be wrong...

I have all my CDLs that I have installed so far to light up on both sides, I find it useful to be able to see them lit on the non platform side as a reminder that Ive switched them on (it does of course help that my planned platform only has a single operating side, so the public will never see the lights lit on the wrong side 

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, SouthernMafia said:

Hi Will,

The Lokprogrammer's method of reading an ESU decoder doesn't normally care about a motor being present.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

I can remember being told that on some stock they operate on both sides and on others they only light up on the platform side.  From memory I think it was second gen DMUs that did the former and coaches did the latter, but I could be wrong...

I have all my CDLs that I have installed so far to light up on both sides, I find it useful to be able to see them lit on the non platform side as a reminder that Ive switched them on (it does of course help that my planned platform only has a single operating side, so the public will never see the lights lit on the wrong side 

They aren't too bright so I doubt anyone will really know with mine. I'll have a look to see how my Bachmann 158 works out of general curiosity.

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
On 30/03/2024 at 22:34, dj_crisp said:

Circuit boards are different but I think going from a bso to a tso will be ok.

20240330_221816.jpg.cdbe6a99fd89778ee83d2dcfd4473db8.jpg

Theres quite a lot to circuit boards…

BSO has CDl lights at one end only… you can see it missing in the top bodyshell, right corner.

Their is a second BSO circuit board (for intercity/blue grey) has no cdl at all.

for FO/TSO/RFB theres CDL (at both ends) and a second non CDL versions.

Edited by adb968008

9 hours ago, ThaneofFife said:

Would the sleeper RLO be able to be tooled up from these mk2f's?  Not sure if they are similar to the RFB's.

From what I have found in my research, they look pretty identical. Maybe some minor differences that I am not aware of however. I am sure someone can confirm either way…

38 minutes ago, WCML100 said:

From what I have found in my research, they look pretty identical. Maybe some minor differences that I am not aware of however. I am sure someone can confirm either way…

Did the RLOs not have loose seating rather than a normal 2+1 interior?

40 minutes ago, GordonC said:

From memory, and I only travelled on them a handful of times, the saloon such as it was, had a coupé style, with booths, two-seater snugs  and some low backed loose chairs.

I should have a diagram/ seating plan somewhere in the 'Diagram Book' (borrowed from York Works at closure).

EDIT:  The 2007 Combine lists the RLO as having 27 moveable seats, with refurbished vehicles to a new (final?) specification, having some lounge style "sofa" seating. This is how I remember it, so the RLO interiors went through at least two iterations.

Edited by 'CHARD
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

15 minutes ago, 'CHARD said:

From memory, and I only travelled on them a handful of times, the saloon such as it was, had a coupé style, with booths, two-seater snugs  and some low backed loose chairs.

I should have a diagram/ seating plan somewhere in the 'Diagram Book' (borrowed from York Works at closure).

Would at minimum need a new interior tooling, which may be worthwhile if a whole series of CS/IC mk2 sleeper day vehicles is being done. Or indeed might have already been tooled up. Some on here will doubtless know the extent of the tooling, but won't be at liberty to say.

Edited by G-BOAF

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, WCML100 said:

1 hour ago, GordonC said:

funny thing is in Jan 2019, I was in the lounge on the Glasgow sleeper, and for whatever reason my phone accidentally took an image inside…

2jj5o-5d2wdogl5tvbdb2ooqxorikx.jpeg.b2f8e2f0e21e6eae902639e935bf6044.jpeg

note circular tables, loose chairs, arranged around the windows.

I was sat by the bulkhead which had a rectangular table.

ive other pictures, but it comes with me drinking a whisky in it, so I wont spoil your night with those.

Flickr has some with portable tables as well as the chairs, and with sofa’s horizontal to the window in the toilet half of the saloon.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, WCML100 said:

Sorry I should have been more clear - I meant they are pretty identical externally. The interior is, as mentioned above non fixed and 100% different. 

But be ware that some have the Stones A/C unit (2 fans) and others have Temperature ltd (1 large fan); from what we know thus far, Bachmann have only tooled up Temp ltd (meaning a future production run is restricted) and any repaint from a RFO needs to be of a similarly equipped prototype (6701 for example has Temperature ltd).

It does appear however that the RLO conversions were not done to as high a quality in terms of plating the windows; the plating is much more visible than on most RFOs.

Good source of pics here: 

https://coaches-library.weebly.com/mk2f---rlo.html

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2