Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Great British Locomotives

EddieB

Happy Dance!!!

D1562 crawled smoking, coughing and grumbling into Sainsbugs this afternoon, long after I had given her up for lost.  Naturally, she went straight into the workshops and is currently completely stripped down for internal modification....

Such indignities!!!

(Its a shame that the cast chassis isn't as suitable for motorisation as the one fitted to the Western was)

• Like 2

post-23587-0-93669100-1441457490.jpggbl class47 new Hornby chassis...seems to be the railroad replacement for the Lima one.....excellent runner...weathered and earning its keep on a nor East sou west express...hoses to be added .....was going to renumber but at my modelled era circa 69 to 71 D1562 was a Tinsley engine. One of my favourite depots to bunk in my spotting days.i appreciate Crimson cream coaches out of place but then but was just testing the hauling abilities with one of my rakes...result great hauling capabilities..

Didn't study photo before posting the coaches mentioned are out of shot

• Like 4

Rugby  has come through

WHSmiths  Did have 5  they now have 2  and they are buried under  other part works#

Sainsburies have got 1

SWMBO'd has asked why i need 3 ?  i asked why she needed 4 grandsons?

lol

• Like 1

My friendly GBL dealer.... I mean shop keeper has phoned the distributors this week and they have confirmed that issue 41 will be the final issue.

All good things must come to an end sometime I suppose. Pity as there are a lot of locos I would like to have seen in this series. Not much point starting a wish list now I suppose. (Class 37 would have been nice)

Still it's been fun and I have a big enough stockpile to keep me busy for a good few years.

I've learned how to air brush I've been able to weather locos. I had to buy two new display cases and filled them all.

But most of all its been a lot of fun.

Body Swap!!!

After cutting back the interior webbing on D1562, the body slipped perfectly onto the chassis formerly belonging to Hornby R3287TTS 47 401.

Very nice!

post-21933-0-47286400-1441460659.jpg

All I need do now is paint the cab inserts and lightly glue them into place, then reinstate the buffers!

(Popped 47 401 onto the GBL chassis for company...)

• Like 7

And now the end is near (oops it's not karaoke it's RMWEB)

I have a few locomotives that I bought on a well known online auction site called eBay that I will not name. I'm posting them on here incase they give inspiration to some of you wondering what to do with your collection of £8.99 cupboard fillers. These have been converted from airfix and kit master kits. Along with scratch built parts and bits from who knows where. I don't know who made them but they did a nice job of them. They are all static and have no motors and the wheels don't turn. Some unusual locomotives anyway and they look nice in the display case.

No doubt some of the clever people of this parish could attempt some of these or similar from parts of GBL locos.

post-5114-0-55634700-1441462124_thumb.jpg

post-5114-0-96621700-1441462171_thumb.jpg

post-5114-0-34911700-1441462195_thumb.jpg

post-5114-0-49841400-1441462217_thumb.jpg

post-5114-0-78556200-1441462241_thumb.jpg

post-5114-0-37009700-1441462266_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

And now the end is near (oops it's not karaoke it's RMWEB)

I have a few locomotives that I bought on a well known online auction site called eBay that I will not name. I'm posting them on here incase they give inspiration to some of you wondering what to do with your collection of £8.99 cupboard fillers. These have been converted from airfix and kit master kits. Along with scratch built parts and bits from who knows where. I don't know who made them but they did a nice job of them. They are all static and have no motors and the wheels don't turn. Some unusual locomotives anyway and they look nice in the display case.

No doubt some of the clever people of this parish could attempt some of these or similar from parts of GBL locos.

Now I know where 4479 went!

You beat me to the Buy It Now. Well done

Regards,

Lee

Once saw a Licky banker in Gee Dee's window some one had made from two Airfix 4F one providing the tender drive and a Hornby 9F loco chassis apart from the BR style single slide bar it look very good, obviously not a scale model but he'd got the look and balance just right. I often wish I'd got it.

There's the 'Aberdare' I always intended to build........

Its a nice looking Aberdare - certainly large chunks of City of Truro in there!

I like that Midland 2-4-0 too - looks like a Kirtley "800" class loco.

That Aberdare and Big Bertha are very good looking models, I can't quite look past the roller bearings on Big Berthas tender though.

hi all

there are 48 issue's in the collection and issue 40 is a well made model 

regards 

paul

The number of issues is debatable at the moment but it appears it'll end 7 issues short Edited by WD0-6-0