RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

When are they going to paint that poor engine back into proper colours?

Happy New Year

Brian.

I actually quite like it as something different. I also like the pannier livery in the recent Bachmann release of the Railway Children set.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Oh no it doesn't!

I would like to award Mr Stationmaster the Special Observance Award for noting the deliberate mistake in the captioning of the aforementioned photograph, which was erroneously implied following the excessive consumption of alcoholic sausage meat.

Five pounds of lardy cake.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Guess I'm somewhat of a traditionalist when it comes to liveries. GW and SR should be in green, LMS red and LNER blue as God intended. Didn't even like BR painting green locos black or A4s in green so a Pannier in LT maroon does nothing for me. The 'LT' 45xx is even worse! But then, who am I!

Happy New Year

Brian.

Guess I'm somewhat of a traditionalist when it comes to liveries. GW and SR should be in green, LMS red and LNER blue as God intended. Didn't even like BR painting green locos black or A4s in green so a Pannier in LT maroon does nothing for me. The 'LT' 45xx is even worse! But then, who am I!

Happy New Year

Brian.

Perhaps you can help me then I have some of that new Humbrol Crimson, the idea was to use it to touch up the paintwork on an old Farish compound, the problem is the colour is a much more vibrant red, compared to the older Farish maroon.......... oh what to do

• RMweb Gold

As a result of London Transport ownership?

Most likely the case I would think Paul - I'm fairly sure that all of them which went to LT retained their original lamp brackets but they might well have been altered by LT although some ex LT preserved ones definitely have GW brackets.

I would like to award Mr Stationmaster the Special Observance Award for noting the deliberate mistake in the captioning of the aforementioned photograph, which was erroneously implied following the excessive consumption of alcoholic sausage meat.

Five pounds of lardy cake.

Thank you.

Excellent, haven't had any lardy cake for several weeks so 5 lbs of it would be a nice starting point fr an enjoyable bit of snacking ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Guess I'm somewhat of a traditionalist when it comes to liveries. GW and SR should be in green, LMS red and LNER blue as God intended. Didn't even like BR painting green locos black or A4s in green so a Pannier in LT maroon does nothing for me. The 'LT' 45xx is even worse! But then, who am I!Happy New YearBrian.

I mean....that would be like suggesting we paint a Castle in LNER Apple green.......Ah! We did.....

post-14122-0-59783800-1419808027.jpg

• Like 1

Guess I'm somewhat of a traditionalist when it comes to liveries. GW ... should be in green... as God intended.

Except, of course, when they were black, with or without red lining, brown and cream or crimson lake as GJ Churchward intended...

Nick

Edited by buffalo
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Perhaps you can help me then I have some of that new Humbrol Crimson, the idea was to use it to touch up the paintwork on an old Farish compound, the problem is the colour is a much more vibrant red, compared to the older Farish maroon.......... oh what to do

Don't go there on ANTB!

Q

• RMweb Gold

You know what.Not yet.I don't like running stuff straight out of the box.Besides Graham hasn't done my N class yet unless you'd like a 43xx instead.

The N class is being worked on and progress towards completion is being made, Just light weathering required now that's planned for tomorrow morning.

post-243-0-56660300-1419861770_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Blimey what a transformation from what I bought . Here's the comparison.

post-126-0-92174500-1419862870_thumb.jpeg

Here's the inspiration. Thanks Graham. This working was from Plymouth North Road to Exeter St Davids.

Photo copyrighted. H C Casserley.

post-126-0-89443200-1419862933_thumb.jpeg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 10