Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

6417 was my choice assuming this is correct for the model, inspired by a photo in the Beck/Copsey book on South Devon published by Wild Swan.

Interesting - I had to reject 6417, as I'm looking at a 1957-1962 scenario eventually, and 6417 was disloyal to the West Country and deserted to South Wales in October 1953

• RMweb Gold

Interesting - I had to reject 6417, as I'm looking at a 1957-1962 scenario eventually, and 6417 was disloyal to the West Country and deserted to South Wales in October 1953

Bachmann are actually releasing 6417 in black but obviously I'd want G W R green for mine.Have you seen the allocation list online for your version ?

Bachmann are actually releasing 6417 in black but obviously I'd want G W R green for mine.Have you seen the allocation list online for your version ?

Yes I saw that and I have been cross-checking to make sure that 6406, 6414 and 6421 (all loyal to Laira from first to last?) are suitable for my shortlist. I don't think I've got too much of a problem with the black version, but I was greedy and ordered a lined green version as well.

Pretty sure I read on the 64XX thread that 6421 was lined green,but with an e/crest. 6400 would also do for a lined green example, as I've seen a picture of it at Tavistock which is near enough for me geographically.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Robin - According Pannier Papers 6417 was initially shredded at Laira; moved to Taunton in April 1943; then back to Laira in the December. 

Sadly no photo in the book of 6417 though.

Robin - According Pannier Papers 6417 was initially shredded at Laira; moved to Taunton in April 1943; then back to Laira in the December. 

Sadly no photo in the book of 6417 though.

Us Plymuff boys 'ave always been a bit rough!

• RMweb Gold

Well they say that railway modelling is an art but today I shared a room with a true artist in his field.Paul Cummins.This is the guy who captured the mood of the nation with his design of ceramic poppies that were displayed at The Tower of London.

Today he was receiving his honorary MA the same day as daughter no2 received her BA at Derby.A very inspiring guy.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Well they say that railway modelling is an art but today I shared a room with a true artist in his field.Paul Cummins.This is the guy who captured the mood of the nation with his design of ceramic poppies that were displayed at The Tower of London.

Today he was receiving his honorary MA the same day as daughter no2 received her BA at Derby.A very inspiring guy.

I thought for a minute you were referencing the Black Country Blues article in MRJ236.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Out now. I'm waiting for the postie to deliver it.

As you can imagine, it's not a magazine I usually buy.I might make an exception with wordsmith Chris in it this time.

• RMweb Gold

You wait till the Finching Sisters make an appearance in it.

Where's the worryingly excited button?

Rub

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

You wait till the Finching Sisters make an appearance in it.

Fresh from a marathon curry session at The Mogul's Palace in Buckfastleigh, the Finchings will probably return home and inadvertently stagger into the appositely-named Windward Residential Home in the Totnes Road:

post-57-0-35310400-1421356201.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Students of my Kelly Bray thread will know that Albert Einstein is to be seen waiting for a train. He was the original exponent of 'Space and Time'. Does this give a clue as to my modelling philosophy?

Edit to add that I do not own a cat who may or not be dead or alive whilst hiding in a box.

The cat is still there whether you own it or not.

Perhaps you have a wormhole in the baseboard?

Must look for MRJ was expecting it out yet.

Don