A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Blimey! Seems Delia gets a bit punchy after a couple of pre match gins.

• RMweb Gold

Right, an update. 'Boy' Carruthers got together an impromptu game of rugger with the lads from Hut 14 and Ginger gave a wonderful solo rendition of The Mikado. Both events diverted the goons long enough to allow me to smuggle in Sir Meligrance...

Sorry for the hijack Rob but these really are bloody fine locomotives, real and model

Rob

Magnethesionlicious!

I've always had a soft spot for that Sir Dinadan...

• RMweb Gold

These coaches 'look' expensive. However we all know that in fact they have both gone for bargain prices for that quality of finish.

Beyond my wallet certainly (sadly).

Quackermiser.

Alas they are, in my view, over-priced - not for what they are (which is sensible pricing) but for what the bloke is asking for them in relation to what you can get them for.  At auction Lawrence/Goddard coaches go for about £100-180 ish each with GW passenger coaches averaging about £120-140 maximum unless they are a matching rake (on the GW  :scratchhead: ).  This bloke seems  to be a dealer so he is flogging stuff he has bought in - and pricing it up to a very handsome profit in the process.

I have my 1957 parcels train but no BR liveried Hall as yet.Would I get away with using Northwick on it ?

A pal of mine has a picture of a 'Modified Hall' in full postwar GWR livery, plus smokebox numberplate on Exeter St Davids shed - the photo was taken in 1956.

• RMweb Gold

I think there's a few people on here who'd like a shot of a Manor....   ;)

In a Delia Smith, Norwich City half time pep talk-support the rostering of 7804 on the milk train this weekend!

:D

So will it be canary yellow?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

So will it be canary yellow?

7830-Carrow Manor possibly.

Then again!

Edited by 46444
  • Like 1

Pity you can't make the "KC soirée " but I'm sure he'll save you a special sausage if you ask him nicely!

Nice shots of the line once again Rob especially like the tankers :)

Grahame

• RMweb Gold

Pity you can't make the "KC soirée " but I'm sure he'll save you a special sausage if you ask him nicely!

Grahame

Err.....no....I daren't.......

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Rob

Great shots of the Milk Train .......I could almost do a snap with the rolling stock except its Bradley Manor and a fictional Hawksworth ........is that a kit built Brake........I am very envious

Regards 

• RMweb Gold

More of 7804.Always happy to take requests if it's possible.I do know quite a few that follow this thread are off to CK's Taunton bash, I wish I could make it myself.

attachicon.gifDSCN5920.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN5921.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN5922.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN5923.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN5924.jpg

Thanks Robin for posting those great shots of 7804. Does look good on the milk train.

May be a possibility of a piloting shot or too with 7804 up front.

Cheers,

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Hi Rob

Great shots of the Milk Train .......I could almost do a snap with the rolling stock except its Bradley Manor and a fictional Hawksworth ........is that a kit built Brake........I am very envious

Regards

Thanks John.Yes it's a Comet K42 and my reasoning is if I keep shewing it one of the manufacturers will do a version.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Thanks John.Yes it's a Comet K42 and my reasoning is if I keep shewing it one of the manufacturers will do a version.

Why can't I like. agree. and be amused.

Frustrated in Vancouver

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Robin for posting those great shots of 7804. Does look good on the milk train.

Cheers,

Mark

As per request, shot of pilots.....

Rob

post-14122-0-29975500-1429949879.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

See above......" I say Carruthers, (off shot, to the left), did you see that Brent up platform as we came back in? Some oik on the platform asking the Porter chappy if the Finchings were around or at the boozer. I'll have him in the skipper's office to explain that after the debrief".

W. Ingco

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Cheers,

Mark

A shortage of crews stops this scenario.

• RMweb Gold

A lucky farmer awaits delivery of his brand new Fordson tractor as 4547 comes up to couple to it.

post-126-0-52178500-1429979349_thumb.jpg

Meanwhile a Hall passes with a milk train.

post-126-0-93018100-1429979469_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-71877900-1429979498_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-05290600-1429979526_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-95390400-1429979557_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Just caught up with the thread Rob - some brilliant photos these past few days (again). The composition of the last three here is especially good I think. There's width and depth and the track and fences make for some nice angles/sight-lines. That's where a large layout really comes into its own.