RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

The constant name and number swapping must be annoying to those who would like to see the 'real' engine only its now the nom du jour.  This is almost as bad as pretending that Brent is Williton or somewhere else, on another railway. I suppose its harmless but it tends to identify the perps as old guys playing trains.  If it goes on  long enough, no one will remember which loco is which!

Brian

That sounds like a certain Cornwall based diesel loco themed layout.

• RMweb Gold

Indeed, I've never had an altercation with one, but I once witnessed a 57XX take grave offence when a '4575' jumped the queue in Asda.

That's nothing. You should have seen the fine pair of Siphon Gs I saw in Lidl the other week!

Edited by Oldddudders
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Does BREXIT spell the end for the German discount supermarkets?  Hope not because I always park in Aldi when I go to the Agri-merchants when I am back in Blighty.

• RMweb Gold

Posh shopping in Haverfordwest.

Ah,  if all goes according to plan (which means if said plan escapes further alteration) I shall be passing through Haverfordwest when embarking on our hols next week (wow - next week!!!)  BTW the last time I passed that way by train I noticed that services had been dieselised  - does the further lapse in time since that event mean that they will now be electrocuted electricised?

• RMweb Gold

Does BREXIT spell the end for the German discount supermarkets?  Hope not because I always park in Aldi when I go to the Agri-merchants when I am back in Blighty.

TIXERB spells reversal of BREXIT though....

• RMweb Gold

Lidl is really rather good. They sell cheap tools - great for occasional users like us - and these have a decent warranty. And their Nespresso-compatible coffee capaules are about half the price of the own-brand make you can only buy via the post. Fruit and veg are fresh and competitively priced. Meats are plentiful. And the store layout is pretty similar whether I am in Bonnetable or Torquay!

• Like 2