RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

In other news....

I've just replaced the sugar cube speaker in my 28xx tender using an iPhone 4 speaker bought for just a couple of quid off the well known auction site ( they are OEM ).

I've found the sound to be slightly better, to my ears anyway, and may well consider them for future sound installations in loco's.

There is a "wing" to one side of the speaker which can be safely cut off ( see third photo ) for ease of fitting.

post-20303-0-83362900-1479821376_thumb.jpeg

post-20303-0-63000600-1479821387_thumb.jpeg

post-20303-0-19536900-1479821399_thumb.jpeg

I don't claim this as my idea but have found it to be an alternative and useful cheaper addition to other speakers.

WARNING...

Obviously this was done at my own risk so please ensure it suits should anyone else try with an expensive sound decoder !

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Mr Warburton sends his thanks too courtesy of Andy York and BRM.

attachicon.gifMr W Andy York..jpg

Mr Warburton is a very patient man, he has posed for a very long time for that photograph. I'm sure he is a recently demobbed RAF chap with that moustache! He is probably carrying some victory rolls in his case.

He wants you to know that the MREmag site is now active and the first issue is available!

Edited by Limpley Stoker

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/112547-stoke-courtenay/page-7&do=findComment&comment=2509395

Excellent stuff from John C [Checkrail] and it looks like I have competition for mainline Great Western action.

Time to put ya braces on and pull your pantaloons dear boy ! :))

B.Rent (Second Generation) twice removed

Edited by bgman

• RMweb Gold

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/112547-stoke-courtenay/page-7&do=findComment&comment=2509395

Excellent stuff from John C [Checkrail] and it looks like I have competition for mainline Great Western action.

For comparison another Brent is a long way off providing any competition for pictures of mainline action through beautiful countryside....

Mainline action through plywood on the other hand

post-54-0-02280400-1479924371_thumb.jpg

Looking at Brent and Stoke Courtenay is a fantastic motivator to keep progress moving with an end goal in sight

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Like 7

Hi,

Just been skimming through a new (to me) acquisition, "The Great Western in South Devon", it has some pictures of Brent and Kingsbridge Line but nothing much that I haven't seen before,just better resolution. However, it does have some views of Kingswear, which I haven't seen before and some details of allocations and traffic.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

What's under the black cloth on the Hornby stand stand then......

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/117226-seen-at-warley/&do=findComment&comment=2512049

I really don't know.

I've had a good look and a bit of a think about it, but nothing immediately springs to mind.

I'll put some more thought to the matter a bit later on.

You never know, it may come to me.

Sometimes you can guess lucky and get it right, can't you.

On the other hand, I might not get it and the whole thing will have to remain a mystery until whatever is under there is revealed.

Whatever it is, I doubt that it is a 16XX pannier tank. It's probably something from the LNER again.

Never mind.

• RMweb Gold

I don't know whether they have German owned supermarkets in the South Hams but the security guard that apprehended me today must have been confused.Although I did have some stollen goods in my trolley. :jester:

How many A4s does anyone need? Hornby and the rest have been carried away ever since the escapees briefly returned. You'd think they would have got over it by now! There are those pleading for something different and all the manufacturers can come up with is the same old thing and we all know the LNER is not the most popular railway in the land.

Brian.

• RMweb Gold

How many A4s does anyone need?

Perhaps as many as I need pannier tanks.

Well, I don't need any pannier tanks to survive, although it would be good to come up with a recipe for the surplus ham mountain.

Mind you, I always want lots of panniers!

• Like 1