RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Smashing shots as usual Andy. Must be frustrating when there's not enough room in the mag for all the good ones. But at least they don't end up chucked in the bin like the old days and you can now 'publish' them on here for folk to enjoy.

Well, made it to Darlo, but not in time to visit WH Smiths before my train.

Caught up with January's BRM in London, and very much enjoyed the ANTB article on the way home last night.  Mission accomplished!

Well done to all concerned.

Not only, but also ...

By way of a nice change, a splash of pre-Grouping colour in the form of Saltdean was a considerable bonus, as was the SE Finecast advert on p137 announcing a new kit of the delightful little 517

"Whitemetal kit with etched N/S chassis. OO, EM or P4. Compensation compatible. Includes name and number for 'Fair Rosamund' and 5 others.  Options include inside/outside bearing trailing axle. Choice of brake hangers and pull rod styles ... For release early 2017"

I suspect that this is the kit that will persuade me to start loco kit building.  Just about my favourite class, it fulfils both pre-Grouping and mid-'30s interests for me.  A priority would be one of the NA examples used to work the Ashburton branch (at any one time one was, of course, at the Ashburton sub-shed).  This is essential for me and my chosen year of 1935, as the first 4800 did not rock up until 1936 (and, of course, Hattons have comprised on the tooling of their 14XX, so I don't have much of an incentive for stretching the point and including a 4800 in place of the correct locomotive). 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Nice BRM article Rob. The close up of the cattle dock made me realise the similarity to the one at Burghclere. What's the origin of it please?

The venerable Ratio version but better versions may now be available Colin.

Now Ive got my Pristine copy it'll be going in the drawer for a few years just in case I need to take it to Flog It !

post-20303-0-29624200-1481302812_thumb.jpeg

Yours

A.Negus

I take as many shots of layouts that don't have trains distracting people but they often end up on the editor's floor.

The pigeon van didn't get much of a part in the show so...

Feature11.jpg

Everyone loves the Pigeon Van (and the Finching sisters, of course) ... apart from Ben Jones, shame on him!

Glenn

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Everyone loves the Pigeon Van (and the Finching sisters, of course) ... apart from Ben Jones, shame on him!

Glenn

" I say, Minnie, those new signal thingys seem to have blown away, and there's no hole in the ground- isn't that wierd"

• RMweb Gold

" I say, Minnie, those new signal thingys seem to have blown away, and there's no hole in the ground- isn't that wierd"

I didn't keep up with the repayments and they've took them away...

They've moved again- now they're amongst the festive lupins!

Did someone mention Lupins ?

Look out for the highwayman!

Hand over your Lupins

Yours

Dennis Moore