A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Congratulations Rob.........super photos of a what appears to be a great model........another 2-3 weeks before mine arrive in North America. I have had the decoders since December and the plates to renumber to 1407 since January.......just need the locos!

So glad yours runs well.......that's my principal concern.....with RR&Co I have to have ultra reliable consistent running otherwise they just stay in the siding.

Best wishes

John

Lovely pictures.

Good to see that at least two of us have a good running 48xx after reading all the negative press on the Hatton's forum!

There is just something about this little loco that makes it one of my favorites.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 2

It's a shame there's not a quality GWR liveried autocoach to match it.

Agreed, I was hoping that one day one would be released for the period we model.

I have spent ages altering my old Dapol autocoach with the Dart Casting detailing kit.

• RMweb Gold

Lovely pictures.

Good to see that at least two of us have a good running 48xx after reading all the negative press on the Hatton's forum!

There is just something about this little loco that makes it one of my favorites.

Really glad that you have a good one there, Robin. As far as I am concerned, that makes you and KNP amongst the lucky ones.

Congratulations Rob.........super photos of a what appears to be a great model........another 2-3 weeks before mine arrive in North America. I have had the decoders since December and the plates to renumber to 1407 since January.......just need the locos!

So glad yours runs well.......that's my principal concern.....with RR&Co I have to have ultra reliable consistent running otherwise they just stay in the siding.

Best wishes

John

Whatever its like, John, it can't be as bad as my old Airfix; it looked good enough to me but ran terribly!

Brian.

Edited by brianusa

• RMweb Gold

I went through three or four Dapol/Hornby 14xx before I got one to run acceptably but that included being permanently hooked up to an autocoach with pickups on both bogies and an amazingly expensive decoder plus stay alive.........fingers crossed it's about to become redundant.

Cheers

John

• RMweb Gold

It's a shame there's not a quality GWR liveried autocoach to match it.

And in 1940's plain brown....sorry,chocolate.That little tank of yours looks so much the business that my credit card is feeling like it's

Trump's nuclear trigger.....whoa there,son.

• RMweb Gold

Really glad that you have a good one there, Robin. As far as I am concerned, that makes you and KNP amongst the lucky ones.

Et moi......2X.....soon to be 3 unless I can get a grip.....oh what the hell....! I wonder how many purchases are made after a view of this thread.I think it must be seeing them do their stuff on Brent that is a key factor.

Anyway,thanks,Robin ,for sharing it with us.Decision making made easy.

"I wonder how many purchases are made after a view of this thread.I think it must be seeing them do their stuff on Brent that is a key factor."

I was going to skip Star 4013 until I saw it on ANTB; my credit card is now £120 the poorer,

• RMweb Gold

"I wonder how many purchases are made after a view of this thread.I think it must be seeing them do their stuff on Brent that is a key factor."

I was going to skip Star 4013 until I saw it on ANTB; my credit card is now £120 the poorer,

I think that's what's called the 'Delia Effect' :jester: I should be on commission !