A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

It looks like Dr Creasy is doing a Sunday visit.

attachicon.gifDSCN0402.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN0398.jpg

It's lovely to see Dr Creasy out and about. He is dreading the arrival of the NHS next year although he will be bribed to accept it.

He was hoping to call in on the Stationmaster to reassure him about the volatile girl in the booking office,

Unfortunately he was unable to find his house.

• RMweb Gold

What sort of loco is that?, it's not green ... and it's got extra rods and levers on the outside, very odd and very untidy looking, bring me a 43XX immediately.

Glenn (on the Dorset Gold, Drink!)

Yes but it's not straight out the box rtr and has been expertly repainted / weathered etc by Graham Muz of this parish.

• Like 1

The photographer seems to be in a somewhat questionable position in one of those photos, given that the signal for the Up Main is also cleared.

Perhaps someone was over the road having a swift half whilst Dr. Creasy was filling in ? Nod Nod (to Brent) ... Wink wink say no more !

S.A.Y. Nomore

• RMweb Gold

Is it good?

Very, with plenty of nice photos of our favourite ANTB classes including Grange,Manor, Halls ,47xx, Prairies,Collett Goods and Moguls.

• Like 1

Is it good?

I was less than impressed with "Moving the Goods" from the same publisher.  Its editor is not always noted for accuracy.

Chris

Edit - what  a time to mis-spell "accuracy"!

Edited by chrisf

• RMweb Gold

Much actual GWR or is it the usual majority in BR days?

The usual mix including preservation but a very nice '47 shot of an oil burning 6957 Norcliffe Hall caught my eye.