RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Network Rail have declared that today's "Royal Duchy" charter train will be diesel hauled due to "gauging issues" in South Devon.

attachicon.gifDSCN0544.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN0545.JPG

How sad, I'm now sufficiently cynical about my former employer's commitment to planning anything properly in that regard, that I actually believed you, until I checked the photos.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

So a question to those more knowledgeable, is there any reason for an auto coach to be passing through Brent?

I know there are no scheduled services.

Looking at the photos Rob has posted I have been debating fitting OO wheels into my detailed airfix one...

How sad, I'm now sufficiently cynical about my former employer's commitment to planning anything properly in that regard, that I actually believed you, until I checked the photos.

Its easy to believe these days thanks to NRs frequent problems with gauging.  Perhaps they don't realise how much this upsets weeks of planning by the tour companies with all the costs involved by them and their passengers and can you ignore the passengers sadness, irritability or anger at their trip or their whole holidays being ruined by this continuing incompetence.  If NR can employ such workers as the Orange Army who are capable of getting things done, why not in the departments responsible for these ongoing disasters.

Brian.

• RMweb Gold

Its easy to believe these days thanks to NRs frequent problems with gauging.  Perhaps they don't realise how much this upsets weeks of planning by the tour companies with all the costs involved by them and their passengers and can you ignore the passengers sadness, irritability or anger at their trip or their whole holidays being ruined by this continuing incompetence.  If NR can employ such workers as the Orange Army who are capable of getting things done, why not in the departments responsible for these ongoing disasters.

Brian.

NR can be very good at managing 'problems', such as Dawlish, but sadly there are still some 'departments' who are woefully ignorant of customer needs and aspirations, and always seemed vaguely shocked and affronted when they received a rant from me, on the customer's behalf.

Any thoughts on the 48xx now I've gave it a spin in a layout setting ?

Nothing to add that I haven't added before except I assume it is green under all that grime?

Will you be getting a green one?

You know that looks sort of like this..............................?

post-8925-0-88586000-1492434574_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Nothing to add that I haven't added before except I assume it is green under all that grime?

Will you be getting a green one?

You know that looks sort of like this..............................?

No....I do believe it's sold as black with light weathering but that in itself is an interesting assumption.On the Hattons thread I commented that possibly because of the weathering it in some way presents to me as green.I would like one that represents the class as running circa 1948-51 if possible with the GWR lettering still in place and I am in a quandary as to which of two is the more appropriate...the one that Robin is currently running to great effect on Brent ...or the alternative weathered green...again with GWR lettering....but this time with BR smokebox numerals...Decisions,decisions.....Whatever mine might eventually be,Brent is a great showcase for the model. :scratchhead:

• RMweb Gold

This afternoon was spent adding a crew,coal and steam heat pipes to 4807.I'll fit some plates tomorrow now.I followed Nick's tutorial on Much Murkle to remove the cab to add a Masterpiece crew as seen here.Take your time here as you might break something with brute force.You need to remove the cab handrail on this version but not the whistle guard.

post-126-0-75667300-1492442387_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-13111300-1492442400_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-05434800-1492442413_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-42098700-1492442426_thumb.jpg

• Like 10