A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

'Spitfire' ale is on offer at Morrison's at a quid a bottle for Father's Day. ;)

I'd be spitting more than fire if I had a few of they !

P.Arpy

Nothing beats being in a Kent pub and hearing a German tourist ask for a pint of Spitfire!

Maybe they'd heard Adolf Galland ask Goring for a Spitfire?

I don't believe Thwaite's Lancaster bomber has sold well on export in Germany though..

• RMweb Gold

The Finchings have sent me a postcard which I thought I would share. The view from their balcony looks positively Mediterraean this week.

attachicon.gifFINCHINGS POSTCARD.JPG

Otto's best advice to Minnie and Flora to avoid the effects of aging was to stay trapped in the time warp of ANTB. The electrical rejuvenator was in itself a scam, but a very pleasant experience, hence the many return visits by our dear friends!

• RMweb Premium

Two LNER pigeon vans?!? Superb models, but I'm not liking this invasion from yonder. One maybe, failed with a hot box or something and left behind, but more? Didn't the GWR have its own?

The layout will become "A Nod to the LNER" if you're not careful. :-)

• RMweb Gold

Two LNER pigeon vans?!? Superb models, but I'm not liking this invasion from yonder. One maybe, failed with a hot box or something and left behind, but more? Didn't the GWR have its own?

That's the problem of needing two lots of stock to run '47 and '57 trains.I have a very nice shot of a weathered van from 1960 on the Kingsbridge branch complete with b set .Something else I need...

• RMweb Gold

You need one of these for a proper 'Nod To The LNER'  (seen yesterday on the railway where I was enjoying their 'family fun day' - assuming you can call nearly 6 hours working part of a very busy signalbox 'fun', blinkin' Southern block bell plungers, not at all like GWR proper job block bell tappers).

Alas it was not in steam yesterday but might have been today

post-6859-0-84728100-1497808151_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

You need one of these for a proper 'Nod To The LNER'  (seen yesterday on the railway where I was enjoying their 'family fun day' - assuming you can call nearly 6 hours working part of a very busy signalbox 'fun', blinkin' Southern block bell plungers, not at all like GWR proper job block bell tappers).

Alas it was not in steam yesterday but might have been today

attachicon.gifDSCF9648.jpg

Everyone loves a P2 ...

post-7466-0-99098100-1497816257_thumb.jpg

Edited by mattingleycustom
  • Like 6