Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Boring I know, but some nice GWR loco's on Gilding Auctions 24/01. Not bad charges and postage is OK from experience. I'd appreciate it if anyone does bid on the WR versions on there as I'll withdraw.

Happy new year belatedly to all you lovely people.

Mad Duck.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, County of Yorkshire said:

Fun game this…

46EA140D-041D-413A-A09C-0D104A5A6988.jpeg.df6759dc919aa34c24ea341ae65f1726.jpeg

Great fun - and, it would seem,  a big hint that they're obviously anticipating a rather very late delivery (or they are poor students of the past?).  And are they going to drop themselves into a very nasty bear trap at the front end I wonder?  Looks like there might possibly be some amusement value - maybe?😇

Or is this a very crafty red herring and the clue is not so much what it is but where it is and the sum adds up to 3 instead of 15?

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

1 hour ago, Neal Ball said:

Am I the only one who missed it? I’m happy to wait…. I won’t get excited 🤣🤣

You're not alone Neal, I imagine if it was something of interest to us it would have filtered through!

• Agree 6

• RMweb Gold

I'm curious regarding Hornby's new releases but that's as far as it goes. The manner of which they go about their business has been the source of increasing discomfort for me for some time now. 

Their delivery record is haphazard to say the least and their decision to disappear down a TT rabbit hole is more than odd but could explain the slippage in the release of previously announced OO items. The only loco that could tempt me, based on the current offerings/proposed is the 78xxx but the pricing is a tad salty. 

So, in short, this is not an excited sheep. I just hope they don't announce a 14xx simply because I think there are plenty of manufacturers who would now make a better job of it. 

Rob. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 6
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Limpley Stoker said:
23 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Generic or not, they look very good.

You’ve already made me buy some !

Yes, I now wish I'd bought some others in the GWR range. I'm sure they'll be another run.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Yes, I now wish I'd bought some others in the GWR range. I'm sure they'll be another run.

Probably yes but don’t hold your breath for a couple of years as they’re quoting 2024 delivery for the GER examples and others.

We can console ourselves with the knowledge that Dapol and Accurascale have GW stock imminent….well relatively so anyway 

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Accurascale have GW stock imminent….

Just awaiting the results of their drop test and they'll [siphon g ] be shipped.😉

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Dunsignalling said:

Or just a Macaw, perhaps? 😉

Well I have recently upgraded my old Mainline version and they were mid-polling on Brian's mini-poll in 2021.

597173852_macawb107291.jpg.b17287a00e0c605e70a0b607742cc66a.jpg

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

A genuine question for someone who's been in this hobby longer than my thirty years. I'm not being facetious but when was the last time Hornby released a brand new tooling GWR freight wagon as I can't remember one.

Obviously the horsebox is a brown vehicle.😉

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello Robin

Just had a look through Pat Hammond's Ramsay's British Model Trains and can't find any.

I remember speaking to Simon Kohler some years ago about how their wagon stock was 'thin on the ground' (to put it nicely!).

Brian

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

A genuine question for someone who's been in this hobby longer than my thirty years. I'm not being facetious but when was the last time Hornby released a brand new tooling GWR freight wagon as I can't remember one.

Obviously the horsebox is a brown vehicle.😉

I guess the Toad and Shunters trucks don't count...

In answer to your question then.... a long time ago.

Next question: When did Hornby introduce a new GWR Restaurant carriage?

• Like 2