RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

On 02/09/2023 at 09:53, Mallard60022 said:

Well I found the Blades first time...but not on purpose! Ias  looking somewhere else for something else!

Anyway I have huge numbers of No 1 and No 2 Blades (fine and very fine)

and WOULD BE HAPPY TO LET COUNTY OF YORKSHIRE haveo  some for nowt.

Phil

Hi @Mallard60022, that is very kind of you, thank you. I will send you a PM. 

Apologies for the time taken to reply, however my grandfather passed away last month and I’ve spent some time abroad. Suffice to say my visits to RMWeb have been irregular and fleeting over recent months! 

P.S - keep up the good work @gwrrob

• Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

Shame.

Needs a wagging finger icon for that.

You seem to be wanting to reserve your place on the naughty chair!

:-)

Paul.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

I can't believe you didn't comment on @BenL rather nice Bulleid in the case.

I did notice the nice Bulleid placed in solitary confinement. Is there no end to the barbaric treatment treatment dished out by these GWR types? I have written a strongly worded letter to my MP, so I'm confident this matter will be addressed in the House shortly.

Edit, no hang on... Just realised who my MP is, so not a chance of any sensible response...

• Round of applause 2
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 3

55 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

I did notice the nice Bulleid placed in solitary confinement. Is there no end to the barbaric treatment treatment dished out by these GWR types? I have written a strongly worded letter to my MP, so I'm confident this matter will be addressed in the House shortly.

Edit, no hang on... Just realised who my MP is, so not a chance of any sensible response...

😆 never thought of it like that, it was meant to be more special  pride of place! But I confess that it isn’t allowed on the layout 🫢

• Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Nice to see 21C149 in malachite has its safety valves properly at the front, unlike some Hornby have released, which are simply preserved locos in old liveries, but with the boiler pressure reduced. 

As you might remember, she is the work of a member of this thread's Holy Trinity of SR guru , @Graham_Muz

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
On 28/10/2023 at 16:04, gwrrob said:

As you might remember, she is the work of a member of this thread's Holy Trinity of SR guru , @Graham_Muz

See, I didn't donate any old loco. Had the correct fittings for your period. Muz did a great job on tarting it up though.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, Nick Gough said:

Out of interest, can anyone tell me what purpose the four cylinders behind the coalspace on the tender are for?

They are vacuum reservoir cylinders. Braking for the use of. In BR days they had a protective metal shroud over them. 

Link to a thread I just found: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

They are vacuum reservoir cylinders. Braking for the use of. In BR days they had a protective metal shroud over them. 

There be the tale of the Metal Shrouds. Not to be read by the feint hearted, or GWR fans..

On a dark and stormy night, and any time really, them there Shrouds were often a little different, as were the Cylinders.

On the mighty Packets, they were definitely very different, depending upon The Tender Diagram, and changed during their 'lives';  this was just a cunning plot to make life awkward for them damn Modellers in the 20th and 21st Centuries.

Tis true as I sit here, in misery at today's result.

Arrrrr.

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

21C149 has proven to be popular , so another view as Mr Warburton casts his discerning eye over it.

1919924732_DSCN5848(2).JPG.5aa1648a368032c641b9f9b2192bb664.jpg.ae073d88659b5f722c68d67f0e0d38d7.jpg

Would also be ok with GW stock with which they ran regularly with what was described as a route familiarisation working. Apparently the GW via Meldon was limited to 43XX Moguls due to clearance etc. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

A rather nice job indeed.

Shame though, the driver’ll fail her at Plymouth when he goes round her. EXJ will have to rustle up some RH brake links and send ‘em down on the back of the next tender. Nevertheless, those Maunsells will keep her in check down Hemerdon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1