RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Castle? Grange? Nice SR coaches? Spanner? 

J. Cash 

I do recall that I did suggest that it might pay you to wait Mr 'iggins :).  (As well it might for others mentioning various other things on this page ;). $64,000 question this week is will a second single chimney 'Castle' with a late livery Collett tender also appear this year as  suspect it might well.

My favourite musical.

You would have enjoyed this version although the bloke who sang Freddie's 'I have often walked down this street ...etc' was somewhat flat - unlike most female members of the cast (who sang beautifully, what did you think I meant?)

http://www.millatsonning.com/shows/my-fair-lady

• RMweb Premium
You would have enjoyed this version although the bloke who sang Freddie's 'I have often walked down this street ...etc' was somewhat flat - unlike most female members of the cast (who sang beautifully, what did you think I meant?)

In the film Freddie was played by a young Jeremy Brett, long before he became Holmes.

• RMweb Gold

(As well it might for others mentioning various other things on this page ;). $64,000 question this week is will a second single chimney 'Castle' with a late livery Collett tender also appear this year as  suspect it might well.

At first glance there doesn't seem to be anything for the majority of followers of this thread but I have a sneaky feeling you know something in the pipeline not announced yet Mike. ;) 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

At first glance there doesn't seem to be anything for the majority of followers of this thread but I have a sneaky feeling you know something in the pipeline not announced yet Mike. ;)

I'm sure you will be buying the Bachmann 45t crane @ £212 a pop (Hatton price) in September.  :O

• RMweb Gold

Here's a cute [!] little black pannier that might interest the Captain.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253356631345?ul_noapp=true

It's not cute, it's not little, it is admittedly black but it's not a lovely cute little 16XX.

But thanks for thinking of me, very kind of you, I must admit.

• RMweb Gold

.Good to see the NE full brake back too assuming they get the teak effect right of course.

It would look good and is perfectly suitable for this train again featuring Hall class 5993 Kirby Hall.

post-126-0-20047200-1515519827_thumb.jpg

Copyright Chris Nevard / Model Rail.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Did I really see 'single chimney Castle, late livery Collett tender'? Ummmmm. Diversifications due to landslips/floods/mice/scary spotters; ummmmmmm! 

Eva Churchward

http://www.hattons.co.uk/337753/Hornby_R3619_Class_4073_Castle_4_6_0_5013_Abergavenny_Castle_in_BR_green_with_late_crest/StockDetail.aspx

• RMweb Premium

Oh that one.  I should have said 'a second' .......that is just too many. Needs to be a Brizzle, Nabbot or Laira jobby.

Thanks,

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Dear friends. A question from one who knows little of the other railway to Plymouth from the far east. The new Castle from Hornybee, can a simple renumbering/naming be achieved for a suitable loco that could have appeared on diversions through SOSJ circa 1960 - 1962 (probably a Brizzle, Old Oak or Laira machine with possibility of a Newton engine).

I suppose the 'second' engine might turn out to be a suitable one?

Many thanks

I. Knownothing

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Dear friends. A question from one who knows little of the other railway to Plymouth from the far east. The new Castle from Hornybee, can a simple renumbering/naming be achieved for a suitable loco that could have appeared on diversions through SOSJ circa 1960 - 1962 (probably a Brizzle, Old Oak or Laira machine with possibility of a Newton engine).

Many thanks

I. Knownothing

http://www.greatwestern.org.uk/m_in_cas_castle5a.htm

Presumably they would travel through Queen Street(love that name; Central sounds so up country) to StDs in order to achieve Southern metals. Is a Castle a bit too heavy for Meldon viaduct? 4300s were the engine of choice although bigger locos have been known on the line.

Brian.

• RMweb Premium

oh no he's not, he's still gigging!

Jeff, you're right! I thought I had read over Christmas that he had passed away. I suppose he just looks that way...

Edit: I might have been thinking of Ronnie Lane but he died a much longer time ago.

Edited by St Enodoc

• RMweb Gold

Oh that one.  I should have said 'a second' .......that is just too many. Needs to be a Brizzle, Nabbot or Laira jobby.

Thanks,

Phil

Now there's an interesting connection - perhaps, maybe, well you never know do you, er possibly.  But in fact I really can't comment as to whether or not such aspirations are merely aspirational or indicative of more positive approaches to the shelves of model shops or market stalls or w.h.y.  Or even if a particular kind of coach (and I don't mean a CK or an FK) has put a damper on proceedings in his own inimitable way.  Time might well tell, possibly.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks

I. Knownothing

There are certain engines - none of which I can remember offhand - which match the latest Hornybee one in exact detail for that livery etc and even if I can't remember the numbers it would be giving nothing away to state that they lived at that time in engine sheds 'down west'.  incidentally 'Abergavenny Castle' in the condition now being offered from Hornby only had that particular combination of tender/insignia between February 1957 and October 1960 then again for a few weeks before withdrawal in July 1962.

• RMweb Gold

Now there's an interesting connection - perhaps, maybe, well you never know do you, er possibly.  But in fact I really can't comment as to whether or not such aspirations are merely aspirational or indicative of more positive approaches to the shelves of model shops or market stalls or w.h.y.  Or even if a particular kind of coach (and I don't mean a CK or an FK) has put a damper on proceedings in his own inimitable way.  Time might well tell, possibly.

I don't suppose your middle name is ambiguous :jester: Possibly.