A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Mallard60022 said:

Those wing mounted missiles look awesome.

Post war jet designers had strange ideas when it came to cannon fairings - though I think the wing was carried over from the Seafang..

44 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Your model of the Martin -Baker ejector seat looks quite good with an aeroplane wrapped around it.

It should do there's 12 parts to it

• Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold
On 03/11/2019 at 09:02, colin penfold said:

The latest Bure Valley models bargains seem to include some decent GW oferings including  http://www.burevalleymodels.com/p/9830/R3383TTS---BR-Castle-5050-Earl-of-St-Germans-TTS-Sound-Fitted

Whether it's the power of this thread but since Colin posted this link on Sunday they have sold 5 of these.:read:

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, KeithMacdonald said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished item at the annual Air Display at South Hams Airport (a.k.a. RAF Bold Head)

https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=14/50.2174/-3.8127

https://wiki2.org/en/RAF_Bolt_Head+Newton

There's a little bit on this in the book The Kingsbridge Branch by Ken Williams.

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Yes, they lift the whole thing up a peg or two.

The Men in Malachite do know where you live, so I doubt you want to be 'accidentally' used as practice with one of their 'training drills' and wake up on the Naughty Step with Spams for company :jester::jester:

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Very pleased to see the GWR polling well in the wishlist poll with the Manor topping the loco poll again.:read: Coaches are also prevalent in the poll too.

It would be nice to have a new RTR Manor up to the standards of say the Hornby Grange: the Manor and Hawksworth County received my votes. 

Regards,

Nick.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

On 03/11/2019 at 15:51, bgman said:

Or 2/0d down the local fryers

bag-of-chips.jpg.95ddc5cd895850fb7c0233a7472f848e.jpg

More bang for ya buck !

F.Tuck

Good to see that the followers of this thread have captured the spirit of the age, and are doing their bit to save the planet by following a plant-based, vegan diet.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Ribird said:

Or any un-rebuilt GWR autocoaches. I apologize for not knowing the diagram that would have been before BR days.

What is just utterly disgusting and totally unforgivable is that the most needed Bulleid Brake Second Comp D2406 didn't even appear. I blame you lot (except for tobaldly go and CK and the cunningly Invisibility Cloaked Spams) for being tribal. 

By the way, being a duck has been/is quite useful here at present. The Idle is deffo not that at the moment. 

A. Noah.

Edited by Mallard60022
Corrceted the status of D2406..thanks Dudds.
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Ribird said:

Or any un-rebuilt GWR autocoaches. I apologize for not knowing the diagram that would have been before BR days.

The mighty Mr Sweet will furnish you with that Diagram and if not there will be a link to some sort of Reference for you to peruse. 

P.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, brianusa said:

Pipes to Brent and beyond. http://www.cornwallrailwaysociety.org.uk/latest-input--news--old-pictures-etc

Brian.

Ah, neat piece you found there Brian. Stanton and Staveley...not far from me. That would have been an interesting journey/route(s) with a variety of engines. I wonder if they used the GC to Woodford and then down to the Western? 

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

May be a Compo but I CBA to go and check....it is a Loose Brake though.....I hope.....now you got me worried. D2405 was one of the Brake 'pair' in the 2 Sets (P?)  IIRC.

P

I think I have 6723 in Malachite which must be Dia 2406, I think.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Ah, neat piece you found there Brian. Stanton and Staveley...not far from me. That would have been an interesting journey/route(s) with a variety of engines. I wonder if they used the GC to Woodford and then down to the Western? 

Powsides do a few Staveley wagon options including cast pipes.

• Like 1