A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Great shots once more Robin.  The 8750 does look good on that 'B' Set.

As for Minnie and her crabs has she reported to the STD clinic at Freedom Fields Hospital? ;)

Cheers,

Mark

As for Minnie and her crabs has she reported to the STD clinic at Freedom Fields Hospital? ;)

Cheers,

Mark

Perhaps a brief voluntary stay in the Plymouth Borough Lunatic Asylum, Ugborough, is needed first, as I am finding the behaviour of the Finching sisters somewhat erratic in recent weeks.

Bittaford Platform is convenient for visitors and needs more passengers.

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Perhaps a brief voluntary stay in the Plymouth Borough Lunatic Asylum, Ugborough, is needed first, as I am finding the behaviour of the Finching sisters somewhat erratic in recent weeks.

Stranger things have happened in the history of Moorhaven.

Perhaps a brief stay in the asylum may allow the Finching sisters to become more sounder of mind. The large open grounds and the closeness of the moorland fresh air may work wonders for them.

Working on the farms attatched to the institution may offer a release from the recent period of erratic behaviour and help them come to terms with the events that have unfolded.

After a while there they can visit the House of Doom Horse and Groom at Bittaford for a port and lime prior to discharge back home to Brent.

They must however be careful of the Matlows working at the Wrangaton Naval Stores Depot. ;)

Edited by 46444
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

As I'm technically the Finching sisters guardian I would like to put on record the sisters although they've been depressed of late are not in need of a stay in an asylum.Obviously having just returned from Eastern pastures might ascertain that this might be the case.In the words of Griff Rhys Jones,I am convinced they are of sound mind.I am convinced...

They also would like to point out there's other anomalies on this layout that are more important than their sanity.

As for the crabs they enjoyed them on a sandwich with a bit of Devonshire salad.More healthier than Mr Aulds pasties.

• Like 1

As I'm technically the Finching sisters guardian I would like to put on record the sisters although they've been depressed of late are not in need of a stay in an asylum.Obviously having just returned from Eastern pastures might ascertain that this might be the case.In the words of Griff Rhys Jones,I am convinced they are of sound mind.I am convinced...

They also would like to point out there's other anomalies on this layout that are more important than their sanity.

As for the crabs they enjoyed them on a sandwich with a bit of Devonshire salad.More healthier than Mr Aulds pasties.

Fair enough. I still think the "Eastern Episode" may have been a period of temporary insanity though, but I haven't completed my Mental Health Nursing Course yet so I can't be certain.

• RMweb Premium

David, are you sure you haven't finished your course yet? Come on now, try to think!

Do anomalies need watering in this hot weather Rob? 

I hope the track boys are coping with the fires at the moment. Despite the wonderfully well kept track-side flora and fauna  it must be tinder dry at the moment.

Sorry, got to go, the nurse is coming along with my meds........

P

• RMweb Gold

Do anomalies need watering in this hot weather Rob? 

P

Certainly do and I need topping up with Katy's as its bloody warm in the railway room.

• RMweb Gold

A few b&w conversions of Sunday's offerings.The Finching sisters wish to thank everyone for their support. ;) Hopefully my anomalies will get well watered later.

post-126-0-92873300-1374606350_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-42645800-1374606366_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-86437400-1374606381_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Hopefully my anomalies will get well watered later.

If you don't do them then good old mother nature is going to have a darn good attempt instead.

• RMweb Gold

Just been having a pint in the Packhorse Inn and spotted this old photo on the wall of two old dears sat on the up platform from years ago....

post-126-0-57867300-1374694480_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-14630000-1374694568_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Just been having a pint in the Packhorse Inn and spotted this old photo on the wall of two old dears sat on the up platform from years ago....

I see that one of the old dears is still "in the hunt" if the amount of "slap" being worn is any guide.

Robin I do like the fact that you have named the people/characters in your photos. It does bring a smile :no:  when I read about them. Like you I have named a couple so far, Frank Drake the haulier and signalman Howard and the pub is the Armada. I think you'll see the link.

Edited by westerner

• RMweb Premium

I want to see you fit Bowls in somehow Westerner (don't misunderstand this comment after those referring to butts) xD

Rob, bless the 'old dears'. They are so dedicated to spotting - look at the size of their notebooks. :shout:

Quack.

• RMweb Gold

Robin I do like the fact that you have named the people/characters in your photos. It does bring a smile :no:  when I read about them. Like you I have named a couple so far, Frank Drake the haulier and signalman Howard and the pub is the Armada. I think you'll see the link.

Not my idea,I took inspiration from Mikkel's Farthing blog and he uses characters names from Dickens novels.The skill is remembering who's who when mentioning them on here.

• RMweb Premium

Not my idea,I took inspiration from Mikkel's Farthing blog and he uses characters names from Dickens novels.The skill is remembering who's who when mentioning them on here.

Exactly. I'm hopeless Bob. I think I can remember Minnie is it?

There is some chat about Isambard Kingdom Brunel (the loco not the bloke) elsewhere on the Forum; a good pic just posted this a.m. Think it's in Modelling musings and whatever.

Cheers Frank.

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Feeling peckish this afternoon I popped in to Joseph Auld's corner store to treat myself to some saffron cake.I was astonished to find a new line of cake he's now stocking. Plenty to go round if anyone else wants some........

:jester:

post-126-0-03869900-1374769483_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Feeling peckish this afternoon I popped in to Joseph Auld's corner store to treat myself to some saffron cake.I was astonished to find a new line of cake he's now stocking. Plenty to go round if anyone else wants some........

:jester:

Are "Joy Seppala" cakes on sale as well. Perhaps if you needed a "character name" for the local Brent witch she could be shortlisted?

• RMweb Premium

Hey, GWR folkies, see here for the scratchbuilt GWR signal box under construction - the one that I've been building and using this thread to ask the odd question on. (may Mr Bulleid forgive me my sins)

Bloomin' 'eck Spams, the Finchings could set up home it that. In fact the real thing would have been a great place to convert Grand Designs style. How do you do it old bean?

Quack.

Edited by Mallard60022