A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Now then Stubbs, that bus was a filler for the big 500 so don't panic. Also it is a bus that could have appeared outside 'our' dairy so breathe deeply and then.......................reeeeelaxxxxxxxxxxx because it will have just come over a bridge and will soon go under a bridge, after it has moved away from being parked very near two bridges.  There, it's all better now.

Is that 1615 then?

Quackers.

Ah, the Great Western bible on tinterweb, I should have looked there first myself.

Anyway must dash, I have to ruin some GWR County 4-6-0s for another customer/victim!

... you're sure you don't want me to adjust that weathering?

Glenn

Can't ruin a Hawksworth County any more than Hawksworth already did. In the earlier Manor discussion Krugers versus Counties is my ugly from Swindon walk of shame.

• RMweb Gold

The latest "Leaderboard" indicates an approximate 125 page saving in thread pages could be achieved  :jester:

attachicon.gifleaderboard.jpg

congrats on another quality milestone mate

700 posts, thats about 10 hours work. Can I get that time back please? I will have next Tuesday off and bank the other 2 hours for an early finish one Friday if im thirsty.

• Like 1

Having hijacked Rob's thread yet again can I now close the discussion on curves............................

except for these     attachicon.gifimages (23).jpg

She can sort out my transition curves anytime.

Yo.

And here I was thinking that this was your good morning picture!

Brian.

• RMweb Premium

Suppose I could try, however it will be about 5 yardsish of very slight curve X 2.  As I don't have any friends I might pass on this one. Thanks for the idea though; much appreciated.

P

Sanding a smooth camber sounds like hard work. Jacking up the outside of the cork with a strip of plastic sheet or similar should be easier. Better still if it's not too late is to cant the ply trackbed under the cork. The natural twist of the ply gives you a smooth cant gradient as well.

Sanding a smooth camber sounds like hard work. Jacking up the outside of the cork with a strip of plastic sheet or similar should be easier. Better still if it's not too late is to cant the ply trackbed under the cork. The natural twist of the ply gives you a smooth cant gradient as well.

If you consider using a modern electric sander hard work then what can I say. I can do quite a length in a very short time, but this is down to experience. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I can do quite a length in a very short time, but this is down to experience. 

I'm sorry Larry, but I had a quiet chuckle about that, given that you've probably laid (and relaid) more cork that the rest of us put together :D

Al.

• RMweb Premium

That's a great place to watch trains I used to sit on the steps of that footbridge for hours on end, it's about 5 pm in the afternoon pannier with the Brentford branch train and one of many Castles that belted through to the west, sheer bliss. ;)

Thought you'd like that one................................

P

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

If you consider using a modern electric sander hard work then what can I say. I can do quite a length in a very short time, but this is down to experience. 

Coach, I don't doubt that. I didn't mean the physical effort. I was talking about getting a consistent cant and in particular a smooth cant gradient at the start and finish of the curve. I have tried the sanding method and for those of us with less skill and experience than your good self the jacking or twisting methods will give good results too.

• RMweb Premium

Coach, I don't doubt that. I didn't mean the physical effort. I was talking about getting a consistent cant and in particular a smooth cant gradient at the start and finish of the curve. I have tried the sanding method and for those of us with less skill and experience than your good self the jacking or twisting methods will give good results too.

Gravity is different in Aus as well isn't it. It must be difficult working upside down.

Ar8E.

P.S. having seen your woody skills mate I shall consider your suggestion as well.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Gravity is different in Aus as well isn't it. It must be difficult working upside down.

Ar8E.

P.S. having seen your woody skills mate I shall consider your suggestion as well.

It makes soldering under the baseboards a lot easier...

Edited by St Enodoc