A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

H25 was the restaurant coach used in the cross country service to Liverpool but more importantly to me was the fact it definitely received double lined choc/cream livery post war. ;)

They were designed specifically for cross country services and were one of the slimmist coaches on the western at only 8' 6" wide compared to the 9' norm for operating 'off system'.. All were drafted into war service (as were the wider, bow ended H33 version of the H25), and upon demob were top of the list for a refit (the WD removed the cooking ranges and replaced them with a Army Dixie range and coal bunker) and full repaint. They also worked to Manchester and Newcastle upon Tyne alternating with LMS and LNER stock.

Keep up the good work on Brent

Mike Wiltshire

• RMweb Gold

Provided they are vacuum fitted etc then the answer is 'no'.  Freight brakevans were only required behind the wagons on a mixed train, Fruit Ds were tail traffic.

You've got me looking at my fruit d's Mike and the Dapol model is certainly lacking in the vacuum pipe department.

post-126-0-41377400-1381610825_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-33669900-1381610853_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

You've got me looking at my fruit d's Mike and the Dapol model is certainly lacking in the vacuum pipe department.

That's a nice looking vehicle though, is that straight out of the box Rob?

I believe your boys are on sky later, think I got the right team this time, lets hope the fame doesn't go to their heads and they blunt the blades

• Like 1

Isn't it now only available in subscription/cloud form - no disks being sold any more?

Ian,

That's true for the full version    However Photoshop Elements, which meets most needs is still available as a disk or download i.e. no monthly subscription.

Regards,

Dave

• RMweb Gold

That's a nice looking vehicle though, is that straight out of the box Rob?

I believe your boys are on sky later, think I got the right team this time, lets hope the fame doesn't go to their heads and they blunt the blades

I've added the pipes on the end and some on the roof between the vents similar in style to a bloater vehicle.A bit of weathering.I might fit some screw links over the winter.

PUSB. :no: Wheres the crowd ?

Talking to Simon Kohler today and he tells me the Stars are in the country ! Ready for despatch.

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I've added the pipes on the end and some on the roof between the vents similar in style to a bloater vehicle.A bit of weathering.I might fit some screw links over the winter.

PUSB. :no: Wheres the crowd ?

Talking to Simon Kohler today and he tells me the Stars are in the country ! Ready for despatch.

Er yes, but which country would that be - China, England, or Somalia?

• RMweb Gold

Er yes, but which country would that be - China, England, or Somalia?

None of them. It was India. :jester: He actually told me it was him that selects what GWR name that Hornby model [Castle,Star,Grange & Hall] and stands by his choice of Wellington with the Hawksworth tender.He bluntly said he don't care for those who rename etc as long it's a right combination at a moment in time for an initial purchase.

• RMweb Gold

None of them. It was India. :jester: He actually told me it was him that selects what GWR name that Hornby model [Castle,Star,Grange & Hall] and stands by his choice of Wellington with the Hawksworth tender.He bluntly said he don't care for those who rename etc as long it's a right combination at a moment in time for an initial purchase.

D'you reckon he's going to name one after this - goodness gracious me

http://www.starofindiauk.com/?home

• RMweb Gold

As someone recently reminded me, patience will be rewarded

But still, the suspense is killing me....

Definitely not more Cordylines. ;) I like your new avatar btw.What is it.

• Like 1

Definitely not more Cordylines. ;) I like your new avatar btw.What is it.

A sherman firefly IC composite of the British 11th Armoured Division, 23rd Hussars  Armoured Regt, scratchbuilt by myself. It's  loaded on a NE rectank, found on Ebay. I added some details and did some weathering.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

A sherman firefly IC composite of the British 11th Armoured Division, 23rd Hussars  Armoured Regt, scratchbuilt by myself. It's  loaded on a NE rectank, found on Ebay. I added some details and did some weathering.

Excellent.You're welcome to post some photos of it on here for us mere mortals to salivate over it.It looks the business to me.I'm sure,no I know , the US army would have used the Kingsbridge branch in the run up to D Day.

Excellent.You're welcome to post some photos of it on here for us mere mortals to salivate over it.It looks the business to me.I'm sure,no I know , the US army would have used the Kingsbridge branch in the run up to D Day.

I used that excuse on Wencombe for the "new" platform being brick faced rather than stone and the size of the goods yard.

• Like 1