Pencarrow: nothing to see, move along please.

2ManySpams

Thanks Peter - drilling down on one side only to the bearing would give a good 'depth stop' and consistency of the hole depth. 

I could really do with a good 7mm trade show for all this bits and bobs!

Or if you do not mind traveling, there's one of the better trade shows at Reading on May 11th.

Martyn.

P.S.  You could make a day of it and pop down to Didcot for some real steam or there's always the famous Pendon layout a couple of miles away.

Edited by 3 link
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Will look into that one Martyn, thanks.

This one: http://www.alsrm.org.uk/ ??

Looks like a cracking list (even though I'm going to have to look a few of them up to see what they make / sell):

Agenoria Models, Amberly Services, APK Models, Derek Bidwell, Ceynix Railway Trees, Chalk Garden Rail, Connoisseur Models, B D Coutts, CPL Products, Derby Trees & Scenics, Dragon Models, Duncan Models, Easy-Build, Eileens Emporium, Finescalebrass ( UK ) Ltd, Gladiator Models, Golden Age Models, Laurie Griffin,  Haywood Railway, Helmsman Electronics, Hobby Holidays, E J Hughes, Invertrain Model, Just Bases, Just Like The Real Thing, Cyril Kennett, Ian Kirk Model, Lionheart Trains, Masterpiece Models, Metalsmith, Meteor Models, M&M Models, Model Express, MSC Models, Nimrod Europe, Noodle Books, Oakwood Press, Omen Miniatures, Phoenix Precision Paints, Premier Components, Roxey Mouldings, Robin L Saxton, Scorpio Models, Seven Models, Skytrex, Slater's Plastikard, Peter Spoerer, Squires Model & Craft Tools, Gordon Stemp Eng' Models, John Sutton Books & Models, Swanage Models, Walsall Model Industries, Western Wagon Works, Williams Models, Roy Wood Models, Woodpecker Books!

• RMweb Gold

Looks like a cracking list (even though I'm going to have to look a few of them up to see what they make / sell):

Agenoria Models, Amberly Services, APK Models, Derek Bidwell, Ceynix Railway Trees, Chalk Garden Rail, Connoisseur Models, B D Coutts, CPL Products, Derby Trees & Scenics, Dragon Models, Duncan Models, Easy-Build, Eileens Emporium, Finescalebrass ( UK ) Ltd, Gladiator Models, Golden Age Models, Laurie Griffin,  Haywood Railway, Helmsman Electronics, Hobby Holidays, E J Hughes, Invertrain Model, Just Bases, Just Like The Real Thing, Cyril Kennett, Ian Kirk Model, Lionheart Trains, Masterpiece Models, Metalsmith, Meteor Models, M&M Models, Model Express, MSC Models, Nimrod Europe, Noodle Books, Oakwood Press, Omen Miniatures, Phoenix Precision Paints, Premier Components, Roxey Mouldings, Robin L Saxton, Scorpio Models, Seven Models, Skytrex, Slater's Plastikard, Peter Spoerer, Squires Model & Craft Tools, Gordon Stemp Eng' Models, John Sutton Books & Models, Swanage Models, Walsall Model Industries, Western Wagon Works, Williams Models, Roy Wood Models, Woodpecker Books!

Western Wagon Works sell some nice kits as I used to drool/dream when I saw their stand at Telford on the occasions I went.

Yep thats the one, I try and get there every year and it is more like an exhibition this year as there are a few layouts on show.

The show is actually run by the ALSRM : -

Association of Larger Scale Railway Modellers

but it seems to be mainly based around the 7mm chaps which is fine by me,. ;) .

ATB

Martyn.

Edited by 3 link
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A 'Reading' show .....  ??

So we all sit around looking at railway books ?

Andy

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

The ALSRM spring show at Reading caters for scales from S upwards but 0 gauge tends to be the best covered. The show always features layouts usually a large Gauge 1 layout several 0 gauge ones  plus some others I have seen lovely S gauge models, Gauge 3 ones. Plus demonstraters as well as all the trade stands. A good show.

Don

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Oh, with all this talk of shows, I forgot to saw that I've managed to catch the local boat yard open last weekend. He does indeed sell ply and will do the cutting. What's more he's also building a 30'x6' trainset! Had a good chat, so I've just got to sort out the cutting list now. Bostin'.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

It's moved due to a problem with the venue..

Guild Summer Show 2013 - Cleckheaton

Date: Saturday, 1st June 10.00am to 4.00pm

Location: Whitcliffe Sports Centre, Tunsteads Avenue, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, BD19 3AQ

Admission prices: £5 members, £7 non members

Information: Trade Show, layouts and Guild Services, Sales, Demonstrations, Models

This idea of getting along to a show isn't working too well. Didn't get to Reading this weekend due to a family event (and having to work this weekend) and I'll miss the G0G one at the start of June as we'll be on holiday in Cornwall. On the plus side I'll be able to get around the Boscarne - Wenford - Bodmin area whilst down there. 

Nothing much to report on the modelling front apart from doing a bit more work on an LMS van and finishing off the brake gear on the Southern one. The problem has been getting home late from work - too tired to model and eyes not up to seeing small bits. Oh well, I'll sneak some bits into my case when we go down to Cornwall....

• RMweb Gold

How did I miss this? 

Just down the road and two of my favourite locos!

Never mind you might see a nice pannier at Bodmin next month. ;)

Edited by gwrrob