AA1 six wheeled brake van.

Not being prepared to wade through 6 pages of "discussion" has anyone mentioned the article drawings and  photograph in the Model Railway Constructor dated October 1962 by M. E. Morton Lloyd based on information provided by British Railways?

Gordon A

Edited by Gordon A

• RMweb Premium

SS the hand rail is correct as per prototype the rail was fitted like this when new in the early 1900's, there is an AA3 at Didcot still sporting them.

There is a photo on the attached a just down from the top.

http://www.gwr.org.uk/nobrakes.html

Just looks odd, but I guess this is due to being used to seeing the more usual rectangular shape of the grab rails.

• RMweb Premium

AA1 six wheeled brake van.

Not being prepared to wade through 6 pages of "discussion" has anyone mentioned the article drawings and  photograph in the Model Railway Constructor dated October 1962 by M. E. Morton Lloyd based on information provided by British Railways?

Gordon A

No I don't think so, do you have a copy to scan in?

When I get a scanner working, I might upload the Morton Lloyd AA1 drawing from the October 62 MRC and put it on gwr.org. I don't suppose anyone is now going to make a fuss about copyright aspects - the original publisher doesn't exist as such.

To be honest, the drawing doesn't tell us anything we don't know already, and the pic is the same as plate 643 of the Bible.

• RMweb Gold

Having finally got the last coat of paint on mine I dropped the chassis on the garage floor, I have found all the parts and nothing seem to be broken so all I have to do

is put it back together then put the markings on after deciding on which name will go on it. :scratchhead:

• RMweb Gold

Thought it was only me thats clumsy ;-)

No there's 2 of us, I wonder how many more there are out there.  :jester:

EDIT TYPO 

Today I got bored so out of curiosity I had a look round for any AA1's I found 2 on fleebay 1 at Peters Spares the other was a £1 less from some dodgy seller that has problems sending stuff to it's 

customers to say the least Peters Spares hasn't got any now.

Edited by 81C

• RMweb Gold

Well the AA1 pitched up today I looked at it and put it in the display case next to the modified one which is minus the hand rails as my chubby piggy fingers are having trouble fitting them.

I spent the day fixing stuff around the house without dropping anything. :scratchhead: