I thought that I'd let you know that Melangoose will be appearing at the weekend at the GWR exhibition at Hatherley (Cheltenham). This is a charity Model Railway Exhibition with the profits being donated to the Pied Piper Appeal (for sick and dissabled children in Gloucestershire). Come and say hello if your in the area.

attachicon.gifIMG_3170.PNG

Superpower at Melangoose. 60017 collects a solitary bulk clay carrier

attachicon.gifIMG_3172.PNG

Melangoose looks as good as ever, so I am sure you'll have a good show Nige.

Kevin

The GWR show at Hatherley is a great exhibition, so many friends and familiar faces, and all going to a good cause.

I enjoyed the show yesterday, it was my 3rd visit to the Cheltenham show, and I thought Melangoose was excellent,

so many thanks to you and Steve, who I assume was answering most of my questions

cheers.

Had a great weekend at Cheltenham, a big thanks to Steve for helping on the layout.

post-8832-0-76710700-1491239544_thumb.jpg

We weren't the only modern era layout there

Banbury was there and looking great as usual

post-8832-0-75735000-1491239501_thumb.jpg

Also making its first exhibition was a layout called Readham

post-8832-0-34553700-1491239726_thumb.jpg

Any layout running FGW HST's gets my vote, it's funny but you don't get many layouts running scale length HST's that look right, due to the length. But FGW and XC HST's did look good.

post-8832-0-18796500-1491239974_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Everything seemed to be running well all weekend, no layouts that were suffering from any major gremlins at all. Melangoose looked very nice, I expected it to be bigger, the photos are deceptive of how much can be put into a small layout. 

Andi

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, Had a nice evening at Eastleigh with fellow likeminded Rmwebbers:- Hampshire Hog, Paul Rhb, Pitbull1845 and Arnington (watching trains and nosh at Wetherspoons). Saw this combination on its way to Woking and then again on its way to Lymington Pier.

post-8832-0-39865700-1499206263_thumb.png

• Like 8

Hi, Had a nice evening at Eastleigh with fellow likeminded Rmwebbers:- Hampshire Hog, Paul Rhb, Pitbull1845 and Arnington (watching trains and nosh at Wetherspoons). Saw this combination on its way to Woking and then again on its way to Lymington Pier.

attachicon.gifIMG_4166.PNG

Oh how I miss those evenings with George T of this Parish, and also a blast down to Maritime, gawking over the Bridge or at St Mary's.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Melangoose is all dismantled in the garage right now, as I have been working on what will be my hobbyroom (it's a long story). The layout will be assembled next week and put through its paces ready for the Worthing show in a few weeks time.

Regards Nigel

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have had to cancel my visit to the Worthing show. The vehicle that I use to transport the layout (my Zafira). I was using on the school run yesterday (doing a good deed and taking my sons best friend to school after he missed his bus (4 miles away), when the cable from the gearbox to the gear shift broke leaving the gear in 1st. Eventually got the vehicle recovered by the AA, but had work at midday so no time to arrange a hire vehicle. I am gutted to let the Worthing club down, and was really looking forward to a great Trains weekend.

• 3 weeks later...