"Anything You Can do, I Can Do Better ! Robinson and Downes.

Whoa heavy man, this looks like heavy engineering man bring it on dude.

Edit:OK I've been drinking but it is Saturday night and I am from the North East.

On second thoughts;

Whay aye man heavy engineering man bring it on me marra!

WHAY AYE I'VE AD A FEW TODAY!!  and I'm not joking.

• Like 1

On second thoughts;

Whay aye man heavy engineering man bring it on me marra!

WHAY AYE I'VE AD A FEW TODAY!!  and I'm not joking.

Oh Dear, as I feared it appears I did go on RMWEB after I got back from the wedding last night.Lucky that I only posted on the Downes Robinson thread there's only 66 followers and most of them are as daft as me.Shouldn't be too embarrassing, in fact I bet I'll probably get away with it.

I can't believe I managed to type that posting in straight lines.

Think I'll go and have another lie down my head hurts.The birds seem to  be singing very loudly today.

Ha Ha, why didn't I think of this before? My get out of jail clause hidden within the small print of my signature.Of course.

Statement of absolute truth.

It has come to my notice that scurrilous tongues have suggested Iainp was the worse for wear last night, this is not true.The above posting was nowt to do with him,someone must have stolen his RMWEB password and posted the above post.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if it was the bloke at No12 he's never liked me since I reversed my car over his Christmas tree last Christmas.*

*To be fair to the bloke at No12 the tree was in his living room at the time.

And another thing I hardly ever drink nowadays, well not a proper drink anyway,not since I got me ASBO.

Edited by iainp

I try never to post anywhere when I've been on the sherry not that I'm implying anything honestly!

You could always take a leaf out of Alan's book and spend the day watching 'Escape to the fantasy family bathroom by the sea' or just content yourself with building a cathedral or two!

Edited by mullie

You're right Mullie no more drink for me,I'll stick to the modelling in future,although I normally find my modelling tends to stick to me! :angel:

I'm not so sure about watching "Escape to the fantasy bathroom by the sea" though, surely thats enough to drive you to drink. :jester:

Edited by iainp
  • Like 2

70Ft coaler.

The legs, coal bin and jigger platform built up and finished in weathered concrete.

They weren't a pretty sight and the builders didn't bother too much about a perfectly smooth concrete finish and what you got was what it looked like after the shuttering had been struck - grainy and rough and much like Robinson !

The bin entry hood and hoist house will sit on top of the bin roof then the coal jigger will come next that will be built out of styrene but there will still be much to do - ugly, innit !

Cheers.

Allan

post-18579-0-69220500-1416230418_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-87112100-1416230430_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-29803100-1416230441_thumb.jpg

Edited by allan downes
  • Like 6

BRUTAL!!

The man's a master of all styles. Can't wait to see this one finished - oh, we never do have to wait long, do we?

These structures have a kind of grim grandeur. Wonder if there's a chance of any being listed?

Here's a class photo of a coaling tower in Allan's neck of the woods; Immingham 1985.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5277/5909573736_d199656379_b.jpg   © Gordon Edgar (Not this Gordon!)

Edit: added copyright owner's name.

Edited by bluebottle
  • Like 3

BRUTAL!!

The man's a master of all styles. Can't wait to see this one finished - oh, we never do have to wait long, do we?

These structures have a kind of grim grandeur. Wonder if there's a chance of any being listed?

Here's a class photo of a coaling tower in Allan's neck of the woods; Immingham 1985.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5277/5909573736_d199656379_b.jpg

And I didn't even know it was there !

Hoist house and bin entry hood concreted out and temporary in place and the coal jigger built and fixed below the coal bin.

I can see there's still quite a bit of sanding to do around the edges here and there and, believe me, hardened off cement takes some !

Then it's the mechanicals...

Cheers.

Allan.

post-18579-0-67604200-1416312397_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-43232100-1416312413_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-28825700-1416312426_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-09876800-1416312440_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

That's coming along nicely Allan. The neighbours will think you are building a fancy water feature for the front garden, or perhaps a Mayan sundial...

Or the Trojan Rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, all it needs is wheels!

I really should get out more.

While Robinson's away ripping off the oil industry I though I would show you these unseen before (?)  pics of  that cathedral I found in a folder that I didn't even know  existed !

Cheers.

Allan

attachicon.gifIMG.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0001.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0002.jpg

It looks like one I have seen , well I remember the supports in the centre photo (flying what evers) May have been Bath or Sailsbury, but they are in town centres. 

All those windows would challange your Stanley knife

• Like 1

It looks like one I have seen , well I remember the supports in the centre photo (flying what evers) May have been Bath or Sailsbury, but they are in town centres. 

All those windows would challange your Stanley knife

Allan did say a bit back that he gave his client what he wanted, mainly Notre Dame (de Paris, presumably, there are other Notre Dames) with a west front based on Rheims. I remember being surprised when my art teacher contrasted English cathedrals (long, low and narrow) with French ones (short, high and wide). Comparatively speaking, of course. When I did, later, get the chance to visit some of the great French ones, I understood what he meant.

Monsters in the garden !

Through track laid in, the operators platform and cabin built, and a start made on the coal  tub hoist and  rails.  

Now waiting for four N Gauge bogie wheels for the coal tub and Plastruct G scale laddering which is ideal for O gauge safety rails.

Meanwhile, mollycoddle the missus who's down with a rotten cold which means I get to cook dinner - and what will that be ? anything wrapped in a tin, what else did you expect !

Cheers.

Allan

post-18579-0-85823600-1416495801_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-71920200-1416495814_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-05330300-1416495832_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-12334000-1416495845_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-32616000-1416495860_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-29856100-1416495875_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Monsters in the garden !

Through track laid in, the operators platform and cabin built, and a start made on the coal  tub hoist and  rails.  

Now waiting for four N Gauge bogie wheels for the coal tub and Plastruct G scale laddering which is ideal for O gauge safety rails.

Meanwhile, mollycoddle the missus who's down with a rotten cold which means I get to cook dinner - and what will that be ? anything wrapped in a tin, what else did you expect !

Cheers.

Allan

attachicon.gifCOALER BASED 001.JPGattachicon.gifCOALER BASED 004.JPGattachicon.gifCOALER BASED 005.JPGattachicon.gifCOALER BASED 007.JPGattachicon.gifCOALER BASED 008.JPGattachicon.gifCOALER BASED 009.JPG

Colron and chips it is then!

Everything and anything comes in a tin when I do the cooking - even fire cement crumble.

Careful as you go Allan, make sure you take the fire cement crumble out of the tin before you microwave it.I once got some rock hard Lurpak butter out of the fridge,(I know, Lurpak,we're right posh in our house.) and I'd heard somewhere,(probably on this thread.) that you can soften it in a microwave.

So I bunged it in the microwave, instantly the inside of the microwave began to look like the inside of Frankensteins lab with lightening in all directions and the butter rapidly burst into an inferno. I now realise that Lurpak wrappers conduct electricity much like tins do, so be careful Allan.

Edited by iainp