"Anything You Can do, I Can Do Better ! Robinson and Downes.

79?!

A hand as steady, an enthusiasm as undimmed, a wit as sharp as ever, as evidenced in this thread!

Many more of them, Allan!

Coming up !

Today on Family Bathrooms though much against Mullie's advice !

Here we had  a very modest but indecently loaded couple - Mr and Mrs Naf but with just one 'F' - who both wanted a small twee cottage, two bedrooms max, an outside tap instead of a family bathroom but  they both  enjoyed gardening and therefore would like one the size of the Malvern Hills or the Serengeti which ever came up first.

Another couple however, and the total opposite - he was a potter, she was just plain potty, wanted sixty bedrooms, eighty acres and an aircraft hanger.

They bought Heathrow .

Happy Birthday Allan.

If we'd known it was your birthday we could have had a whip round and got you an extra large bottle of Colron! :jester:

Well my birthday runs out in 20 minutes so you've all till got time - Robinson will start the ball rolling with a swift fifty - if he can remember the combination to his wallet...

Cheers.

Allan

• Like 1

The 'Syrup Season' is upon us. Prepare yourselves for a daily dose imported by the truckload from America as it drips freely out of the back of your TV set.

We'll be getting the usual - Mum and dad estranged. Weepy kid falls down mine shaft. Dad breaks his neck rescuing him. Mum and dad reunite and all end up singing Abide With Me through misty eyes and syrupy smiles then, like all good Americans, will be shooting each other tomorrow.

Anyway, it'll be a change from 'Family Bathrooms'

The 'Syrup Season' is upon us. Prepare yourselves for a daily dose imported by the truckload from America as it drips freely out of the back of your TV set.

We'll be getting the usual - Mum and dad estranged. Weepy kid falls down mine shaft. Dad breaks his neck rescuing him. Mum and dad reunite and all end up singing Abide With Me through misty eyes and syrupy smiles then, like all good Americans, will be shooting each other tomorrow.

Anyway, it'll be a change from 'Family Bathrooms'

You could always try Jeremy Kyle?

• RMweb Premium

A happy belated birthday Allan! Same day as step mom Hence the belated wishes!

That engine shed is rather nice, I bet it's quite a size too?

Regards Shaun.

Oh......."Amélie"...BTW.

Edited by Sasquatch

Here's maybe a little competition where everyone states his/hers most syrupy movie and the winner gets a tour around the Tate & Lyle Factory.

Mine's "The Bells Of St Mary's" with Bing Crosby -  ultimate syrup.

Oh, and any Lassie film...

At last, a competion against Allan Downes that I might actually have a chance in!

My entry is a musical. And its very short. Just one song really, but it packs a whole steaming pile of  American Christmas cheese

. Hold on to your bowels!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpkI7GW2V34

But that obviously  didn't say everything it needed to in 5 minutes, because then some hollywood evil genius turned it into a movie 'starring' Rob Lowe.

Happy birthday from me too Allan. It is belated but being 12 hours ahead down here in Australia we are living in your future. Everything that happens there has already happenned here.

Edited by monkeysarefun