"Anything You Can do, I Can Do Better ! Robinson and Downes.

• RMweb Premium

A bit of a departure from the norm for you Allan,at least from the masterpieces I've seen since I've been following this thread. Strikes me there is a sort of likeness between those bridge sides and windmill sails!

Edit to remove duplication.

Edited by rab

Astonishingly good work...such consistent finish and execution.

cheers,

Iain

Bridges! Lovely! More!

Fantastic stuff.

I've got to agree with you guys! Someone out there is a very lucky chap!*** I'm beginning to wonder if anything can get the better of Mister Downes, though I must admit I've never noticed him mentioning that Ikea flat-pack furniture stuff!  :sungum:

Regards

Bill

*** Other genders are available!

I've got to agree with you guys! Someone out there is a very lucky chap!*** I'm beginning to wonder if anything can get the better of Mister Downes, though I must admit I've never noticed him mentioning that Ikea flat-pack furniture stuff!  :sungum:

Regards

Bill

*** Other genders are available!

Ikea Bill ? Dead easy. Trash the instructions. Assemble with 'Nonails'. Job done.

Cheers Mate.

Allan

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

:offtopic:

Having just spent some time today proofreading and therefore being in a pedantic frame of mind, I read that as 'Ikea Bill' (rather than "Ikea, Bill?") - I thought we were now creating nicknames for ourselves. I'm assuming Allan would be 'Colron Allan' (of course) but what would your 'Wild West' style moniker be? 

:jester:

Very interesting once again Allan, just don't overdo it, 'cos it could be a bridge too far :) !

Looking forward to the rest

Happy modelling ( and don't stay up too late eh?)

Grahame

• Like 1

Good afternoon,

Very glad to have found this thread, Mr Downes is responsible for many of my own forays into model buildings, and for that I wish to thank you.

However may I ask, do you have any pics from an article you did for the Jan 1978 Railway Modeller, of a wooden barn?

Good afternoon,

Very glad to have found this thread, Mr Downes is responsible for many of my own forays into model buildings, and for that I wish to thank you.

However may I ask, do you have any pics from an article you did for the Jan 1978 Railway Modeller, of a wooden barn?

I also rember another barn article with a farmyard complete with manure heap. Was this an early example of smellavision?

Good afternoon,

Hi Estarriol and welcome to the thread.

I do know the article you mean, it was called "Downes on the farm " - what else ! - and somewhere on this thread someone put up a picture of said barn as I haven't got any pics of it myself - but it's around on here somewhere !

Cheers.

Allan

• RMweb Gold

What with it being a quiet evening, i started ploughing through this thread from the start (again), But stopped after a few pages, the rest will have to wait until I retire. As a modeller who is now in his late 40's and started as a teenager withe superquick. I have recently done my first ever attempt at scratch building. It is no where near these standards. It's a bit depressing, could we see some pictures of peoples first efforts ever at building models

What with it being a quiet evening, i started ploughing through this thread from the start (again), But stopped after a few pages, the rest will have to wait until I retire. As a modeller who is now in his late 40's and started as a teenager withe superquick. I have recently done my first ever attempt at scratch building. It is no where near these standards. It's a bit depressing, could we see some pictures of peoples first efforts ever at building models

Sure, why not ?

post-18579-0-37025600-1429993397.jpg

• Like 1

Looked through the thread, the posted barn article isn't the one I am after sadly.

The one I am after had two sets of front doors. I remember how you did the walls, but can't remember the roof.

The roof would have been tiled with individual tiles cut from post cards then coloured with Colron Peruvian Mahogany wood dye.

Cheers.

Allan.