I love the reference number Simon, Mr Hickman was clearly very fed up :)

Brilliant,

Al.

Mr Hickman has suffered me for many years now starting back in 1998 when I first started with Railtrack and he took me round the area which included Bescot yard.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Long overdue update time, first some changes on the stock front. I've now got a Class 56 56049 in Railfreight Red stripe livery which was allocated to the FAWC pool at Cardiff 

25766212452_fb66813e4f_b.jpg56049 by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

and Class 31 31259 in Rail Blue livery allocated to the FGWC pool at Tinsley.

25586433540_7878dd9a30_b.jpgSAM_3645 by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

also my new controller has arrived and been installed 

25792058131_eb1ed6d8f2_b.jpgSignatrack controller by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

I find it very easy to use and worth the money (no connection just a satisfied customer) another plus point is I will now be able to double head my trains.

Thanks for looking

Simon

• Like 8

Cheers David, I've wanted a decent 31 for a while now and this one has a legomanbiffo sound chip fitted which makes it extra special. The controller is excellent and if you're looking to upgrade I'd recommend it you.

Cheers

Simon

Just caught up with this great job here! Interesting what you have done with your track plan as my railway room is virtually identical in size and I haven't yet finalised my final plan.

Your stock has built up nicely and from looking at your thread over a short period of time it is apparent how your skills have developed!

Great stuff, keep it coming,

Btw great choice of sound track! Dead or alive blasting out! What a great song to get into trouble for!!

Off to grab my fender strat!!

John

Hi Simon,

Nice videos, and even nicer new traction.

That controller looks very interesting (any links so I can have a gander?),  how come you've moved away from the Multimaus?

I've always thought that the Multimaus was just about the most pleasant and easiest way to control DCC (in it's day obviously).

Nice to see you posting.

All the best

Jinty ;)

Thanks for stopping by Jinty, model railway time has been hard to come by of late hence the slow down in updates.

The Class 31 has to be my new favourite and will star in most of the pictures I take no doubt. This is is it's second body shell, the first was in Reggie Railways livery but fell apart when I put it in my stripping bath :nono: , thankfully fate lent a hand and I spotted this Rail Blue body on Theifbay and even managed to track down an un-refurbished example in Tinsleys Speedlink pool  :O .

This is the thread where I first found mention of the Sig-na-trak Ace http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/101990-new-dcc-controller-ace-from-sig-na-trak/

and this is his website http://www.gfbdesigns.co.uk/ . If you are thinking of changing over, then I'd urge you to consider this I'm really happy I took a punt on this controller. The one thing that used to bug me about the Multi-maus was having to scroll through your large collection of locos which could be time consuming when you were trying to run more than one train.

All the best

Simon

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Very interesting, that controller!  I'm tempted to go and order one, I hadn't heard of them until I saw your picture, it looks rather good, and ideal for what I'm needing.  Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

Nice work on the coach Simon, curtains are a nice touch too.

Cheers Peter.

That MK2a BFK looks fantastic, I second Peter, those curtains really finish it off, cracking looking model.

John

Thank you for the feedback gents, the BFK was sprayed in the back garden with my usual mix of Halfords and Railmatch colours. A close up would be cruel of the curtains as I painted them when the glazing was in the boodyshell, rather than when they were out. 

Thanks

Simon

For future reference, why not try curtains made from squares of orange crepe/tissue paper on the inside of the windows?  Would be easy to crease to look like a real curtain, be 3d and be slightly translucent rather like the real curtains.

Does look nice though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Found myself a bargain 2nd hand Jocko over on Hattons the other week. I've been after a suitable BR Blue Jock for a while to share the workload at Pendeford sidings. 08762 arrived in the post and was hard wired with an ESU chip yesterday, I then T-Cut the old numbers off and renumbered the model to a suitable Bescot allocated loco. 08759 was alloacted to Bescot in 1988 and was in the FMZZ Metals pool. Over the coming days I intend weathering her to reflect the condition I;ve seen her in on Flickr.

26205810280_6a2886dacb_b.jpg08759 FMZZ by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

• Like 9

Weathering on the grid looks great, an 08 looks good too I'm going to be de naming and renumbering my 09 soon any tips?

David

Thanks for the Grid comments Dave, as for de naming etc, I used T-Cut and some cotton buds but watch the cab handrails, I was a bit to vigorous and snapped one of the hand rails  :nono: . The T-Cut will leave the affected area a little shiny (which you can see in the pic below) so I'll be weathering mine to hide these areas. For transfers I use Fox Transfers, no connection I;ve just used them since I started modelling back in 1990.

25881159703_ef32a05e28_b.jpgWeekend shut down by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

Thanks for looking and commenting.  :locomotive:

• Like 8

• 1 month later...