Hi Simon,

I enjoyed the video, really your Peak. I remember seeing it back in the day, one of the last 45/0s in service.

Cheers Peter.

Hi  Pete, are you back in Oz now? I have vague memories of the Peaks when I was a nipper but never saw them at the end sadly. I'm glad you liked the videos, I intend to do more as times goes by in the same format.

Simon

• Like 1

Well with some days off I found time to fix a few niggley problems with frogs on 3 sets of points having no feed, these were fixed by using some spare micro switches that I'd got left over.

I also used out my "new" camera, well when  I say new it's SWMBO cast off but I'm not grumbling the zoom and features are much better than my old Samsung

30469398591_f422d52ebe_b.jpgtime for a trip by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

30469399961_b17db6c5c2_b.jpgIMG_1573 by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

30469408211_0ff31404d4_b.jpgdown in the wharf by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

• Like 8

Love the Pendeford yard today videos. Great intro. All that's missing is the "Hello and Welcome to Pendeford today" .Got quite a few of the old Railfreight Today on VHS. Seeing your videos I might have to dig them out for a bit of nostalgia.

Keep em comin mate.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Excellent thread of an excellent layout. Currently enjoying your latest video Pendeford Yard Today No3 on your YouTube channel. The 86 sounds awesome, but I'm quite partial to the 85 that I have seen in previous videos. I hoping that one day 08601 will be released in 2mm... I have fond memories of her shunting around Bescot yard in the 90s. Mind you, I could always spray one up, when I find 5 minuets :O  

Working nights is great :biggrin_mini2:

Cheers, Anthony

Hi Simon,

Yes back in Oz went back to work this week which really sucks. Another great video by the way. Can I ask what sound chip do you have in your class 31?

Peaks were regular power on the Poole- Newcastle north of Brum right up to the end, I am sure 45012 could handle some air cons.

I was talking speedlink trains to some other modellers a few weeks back and there seems to be a lack of  knowledge on how trains were formed for arriving at other yards and terminals. As I remember from back in the day at Eastleigh all wagons had a destination and were not just form into trains without some order. At Eastleigh different terminals each had a 3 number code which the chargeman would chalk on the sides before being shunted. Anyway I was thinking of starting a thread to help other modellers. What do you think?

Cheers Peter. 

• Like 4

Hi Simon,

I was talking speedlink trains to some other modellers a few weeks back and there seems to be a lack of  knowledge on how trains were formed for arriving at other yards and terminals. As I remember from back in the day at Eastleigh all wagons had a destination and were not just form into trains without some order. At Eastleigh different terminals each had a 3 number code which the chargeman would chalk on the sides before being shunted. Anyway I was thinking of starting a thread to help other modellers. What do you think?

Cheers Peter.

I'd be interested

Love the Pendeford yard today videos. Great intro. All that's missing is the "Hello and Welcome to Pendeford today" .Got quite a few of the old Railfreight Today on VHS. Seeing your videos I might have to dig them out for a bit of nostalgia.

Keep em comin mate.

Cheers

Marcus

I would narrate but I hate the sound of my own voice, I always sound gormless . Mr Wiles has offered to narrate but I was in a hurry to turn this video around.

Another great video.

The yard staff worked hard to rerail that wagon ;)

So you did spot that, you wouldn't believe how many times I drove that train into the yard and by that point I thought f##k it....... half the problem is the large Cargowaggons failing to take the bloody points  :nono:

I would like to thank, WombatofLudham (Mr Wiles) for the catchy titles that you all seem to enjoy, he is a real 70's /80's tv buff and for me they really make the videos come to life.

Anyway my first attempt at scratchbuilding (please no sniggering at the back) 

30462435242_1063f57c5d_b.jpgscrap yard fence by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

Its a fence to surround the scrapyard, when finished it will be rusty with some suitable graffiti adorning it.

Pete the Class 85/86 sounds are Legomanbiffo as is the Class 31 sounds.

Thanks for all the lovely comments and likes.

Simon

• Like 7

Now I do like the scrap yard fence. Once painted that'll look superb. Don't forget that every so often one will have to blow off into the path of a train. Used to be a scrap yard in the V in the junction at Neasden on the Chiltern line that had a fence like this. I remember that one losing some sheets in a storm one morning.

Simon, is the "corrugated sheet" plasticard thin enough to go through a printer?  I'm just thinking there are a few free "graffitti" fonts available which if the card could pass through a printer could allow you to add some colour "urban artwork" to the fence.

Simon, is the "corrugated sheet" plasticard thin enough to go through a printer?  I'm just thinking there are a few free "graffitti" fonts available which if the card could pass through a printer could allow you to add some colour "urban artwork" to the fence.

I don't think it' quite thin enough to go through a printer Mark, for graffiti I'm going to stick with football teams, pop groups etc as my memory (it may be defective) was that in this period the lurid multi-coloured tags hadn't really reached the Black Country

• Like 1

Looks good so far and am enjoying the Youtube videos. 

You need that guy peeking over the wall with a Wot No Junk?   :D

Thanks for the comments britfarmer, I've got another video on the go concentrating on Coal traffic as well as a wagon conversion project to post a picture off.

Simon

• Like 1

His name was 'CHAD' if I remember rightly!!!

Nice work on the fence Simon, and I'm loving the intro's to the videos, great stuff!

Jinty ;)

Cripes Jints, you're up with the larks just like me. Yes it was Chad, he may have to make an appearance then along with "JINTY RULES!"

• Like 2