First day of Marks visit and his APT has been on test, admittedly it can only use the Down line owing to gauging restrictions and that was only after I got my mini drill out and trimmed a backscene.

28221260285_8b737d6ff8_b.jpgAPT past the PSB by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

28143574941_44c38b4e70_b.jpgAPT on test by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

28221262775_27ebf2a28b_b.jpgAPT close up by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

Besides the APT we had time for some other passing traffic

28143578521_6c27811d0e_b.jpg37502 T39 by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

28143586861_0127904959_b.jpg47003 T34 by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

More to follow over the course of his stay.

Thanks for looking.

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

Time for an update, some stock changes to report. 08759 has been withdrawn and is up for Disposal on ebay, replacing this loco is Hornby 08402 (to be renumbered as 08517) and Bachmann 08601 Spectre. Both are Bescot locos and allocated to Freight pools.

28766504032_201fedc59e_c.jpg08402 by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

28766558152_b6e81d8773_c.jpg08601 Spectre by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

• Like 6

Time for an update, some stock changes to report. 08759 has been withdrawn and is up for Disposal on ebay, replacing this loco is Hornby 08402 (to be renumbered as 08517) and Bachmann 08601 Spectre. Both are Bescot locos and allocated to Freight pools.

Nice 08's Simon, the Hornby version is a better overall loco I think. 

I really enjoyed the 'story' post, very entertaining, and made things so much more interesting. More please?

Jinty ;)

oow like the blue Hornby 08 such a good model . and remember 601 in new street when a kid it was allways busy with parcels vans.both great additions to your layout mate.

I can thank you for the Hornby 08, after seeing the one you purchased it made me think of how much I missed having a Hornby version with all it's extra detail so after finding a reasonably priced version I snapped it up.

• Like 1

Nice 08's Simon, the Hornby version is a better overall loco I think. 

I really enjoyed the 'story' post, very entertaining, and made things so much more interesting. More please?

Jinty ;)

Thanks for the compliments Jinty  :sungum:  I'll have to take my camera back up with me and create another day at Pendeford, I used to have a green Hornby 08 and after seeing the 08 on New Whit, I realised just how much I missed having one.

Simon

• Like 1

I know i like them that much i have 3 now for such a small layout, but like you said the below solebar detail just makes em such good models and you have BR blue as well which even now some some of them still ware on the big railway so they fit into any time period people want to model .Keep the first class photos coming pal.

• Like 1

I know i like them that much i have 3 now for such a small layout, but like you said the below solebar detail just makes em such good models and you have BR blue as well which even now some some of them still ware on the big railway so they fit into any time period people want to model .Keep the first class photos coming pal.

I don't think I'll be buying anymore, I've got 3 now in different liveries (or to quote Sean Connery, Never say Never again)

• Like 1

Nice 08s ! I currently have two Hornby 08s, Dick Hardy and Picadilly, both fine running locos. Need me a blue one and that LMS one look pretty nice too  :senile:

I may keep perusing ebay and if the right loco comes along at the right price then I may get another one, Picadilly sounds good.

• Like 1

just dont tell her indoors as we have just  had a baby boy and are selling our house to move to a bigger one (she hopes ) :angel:

Congratulations mate, well done on the birth of your baby boy.

was in local model shop yesterday he had fitted a BR blue Hornby class 08 with south westen digital chip and two sugar cube speaker for a customer and it was very good am now tempted to sell my green factory sound fitted one to pay for the same work .

I wonder where he put the two speakers, I'd imagine one could fit into the cab but where on earth did the second one go  :scratchhead:

• RMweb Gold

I wonder where he put the two speakers, I'd imagine one could fit into the cab but where on earth did the second one go  :scratchhead:

On the Hornby 08 at least, there is plenty of room behind the front grille for both.

Mike.

thanks mate after 3 girls the little boy seems a blessing and hes so relaxed compared to them and they love to help look after him 

Had a tip off from a friend in TOPS that 08601 had been allocated to T28, the Pendeford sidings shunter.

28916909456_79de748f53_c.jpg08601 in action by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

Also spotted whilst I was walking around was 31107 and 08805 on the stabling siding.

28844311192_699e5f6eac_c.jpg31107 and 08805 by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

More to follow soon

Edited by bescotbeast
  • Like 8