Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

We'll tomorrow I think Kal needs this connection for work....so I am making notes on my photos so ii know what's what for when I can upload.....there is some MASSIVE differences on Kalborough. the layout of the tracks and the platforms have not changed. But

the colouring has has had a load of changes, platforms, tracks, new scenery

I did not want to rip out the platforms, but they have been revamped, albeit mostly via colouring, anyone wishing to look at rumble strips etc should look at David todos thread I am looking forward to seeing what he has been upto

• Like 1

I can only open one tab at atime......very sad face.......

So cannot look up to decipher morse...semaphores or the like at the moment.....

Refreshing is not too fast either....so just posting is a serious achievement....

Notifications are now 1050!!!!! I have responded to PMs

And am looking forward to checking out other peoples threads....am expecting to be a top today's poster already LOL

Hello Jaz

Good to see you back albeit a little slow. Not you by the way, but your internet connection LOL.

I take it Kal decided not to climb up the pole then??

I haven't been on here much lately either, but now the gardens finished I might get a bit more time.

Looking forward to seeing all these pictures when you finally get to post them. Sounds as if you've been rather busy.

Cheers

Marcus

Ess1uk

Some great reference pictures tho u

Donut

The emoticons work like another tab....so too scared to try.....in case I crash and burn

Marcus37

Tree killer!!!!!! Still u must have reclaimed some good space

The wire on one pole was usable but the other post there just was not enough cable....I m glad to be honest I don't think they would have taken kindly to him connecting us....waste of space...clearly 6 households are not a priority for them....

Am rather pleased with the kalboro revamp....will look forward to posting.....if the. Opportunity arises I will try and post a picture, but we can only connect so many devices at once....so with 3 of us desperate to get on line.....and we all share a naff connection...via one mobile phone....

• Like 1

A picture of the MDF base that is about to be replaced, the bit with the signal box

med_gallery_17883_2760_67281.jpgimg1220

at the back you can see the plaster cast which stops abruptly showing the hole underneath

med_gallery_17883_2760_53881.jpgrmweb1792kalboro1

So I grabbed some PIR that was a cut off and big enough, and roughly cut it to size

med_gallery_17883_2760_656364.jpgrmweb1991pir1

originally a loos piece of MDF provided a join, but now the PIR has been sawn at an angle

med_gallery_17883_2760_122458.jpgrmweb1992pir2

• Like 9

Come on Jaz, you've had the internet back for 4 hours now, I expected pages of photos :D

Al.

I had to take my dad for 3 appointments, well one they had added the other two and nabbed us when we get there, because  they could not ring us!!!!!

The angle side on, is a bit rough as cutting with the saw is laborious, and you need to check the front and back, I could easily sand this down

med_gallery_17883_2760_372875.jpgrmweb1993pir3

before I net too far I got a pencil and makers out the areas, and checked the signal box, and saw what else might fit in

med_gallery_17883_2760_63485.jpgrmweb1994pir4

med_gallery_17883_2760_655590.jpgrmweb1995pir5

• Like 6

yeah he's real good. They tested his warfarin levels, checked his feet.....and he has a hernia after the op...which is getting bigger so a referral to the hospital. But he is doing amazingly well, walked around the supermarket....gave the disabled chair a haughty sniff as he passed  :jester:

the roads a bit rough still, but paint it and check it out anyway

med_gallery_17883_2760_74253.jpgrmweb1996pir6

maybe in due time we might cross from one side yo the other so a little side road

med_gallery_17883_2760_627596.jpgrmweb1997pir7

i decided against softening the saw marks

med_gallery_17883_2760_9873.jpgrmweb1998pir8

soft brown for under the grass and dark brown at the edges foe emphasis. I have gone for a burnt grass, so far just foam turfs, stuck on with watered PVA and let the paint dry a little....in case the PVA picks up the colour and ruins the turf.

• Like 6

I coloured the 'rocks' but I am leaning towards a retainer wall, you will eventually see some pictures regards this....

med_gallery_17883_2760_2499.jpgrmweb1999pir9

some green fluff, I cut some horsehair along the length so you end up with short uprights, then added some tree canopy and some greenery, and darkened the ground underneath a little

I did not even colour the horsehair. The fluff to the left is some dried moss. The PVA is still wet so the white shiny is PVA.

med_gallery_17883_2760_502286.jpgrmweb2000pir10

same thing different angle and some ballast added to look like stones

med_gallery_17883_2760_435106.jpgrmweb2001pir11

• Like 5

As you probably know I was uploading loads of picture from the DEMU before we went dark. And at least one person would still like to see some of hem so.

DEMU 2014 

Llwydd as promised.

med_gallery_17883_3195_244600.jpgrmweb2002demu2

apologies for the pictures but I was snapping pictures of the track and trackside detail...so they are not the prettiest

med_gallery_17883_3195_109485.jpgrmweb2003demu3

• Like 2

Now the more observant of you may have noticed, that there are other changes a foot. Kalborough as mentioned before has been attacked with vigour.

I wanted to get a more realistic look, I am not certain about more authentic......but I live in hope.

Cabinet boxes were updated, and repositioned...later some of this move again.....the yellow vehicles were moved....they are somewhat gaudy and need weathering. Better looking vehicles are now in place. A couple of buildings were swopped out, and a couple even weathered.

But more on this later. For the moment a quick before and after.. 

Before

med_gallery_17883_2760_110024.jpgrmweb1914Kalboro2

This sub station is normally associated with OHE and as we don't have any at the moment...he has been moved...the yellow vehicles - which as they require weather are a little bright are also gone

these to are now resited

med_gallery_17883_2760_243727.jpgrmweb1915kalboro3

Before

med_gallery_17883_2760_16011.jpgrmweb1917kalboro5

has also been attacked

For now a small taster........

After

med_gallery_17883_2760_319713.jpgrmweb2008kalboro1

You'll notice the new lights, and a change of buildings....however there is still way more work here to show off.......

but for now back to the signal box area......

• Like 1

Signalbox....

ok it is floating and looks a bit start, but a lot has been happening....

med_gallery_17883_2760_434635.jpgrmweb2009kalboro2

it now stands on a new concreted area

there is also a new building to onside (the same as the other new one across the tracks)

med_gallery_17883_2760_264030.jpgrmweb2010kalbo3

both have received some gentle weathering, and you can see the start of a new fence line

med_gallery_17883_2760_298151.jpgrmweb2011kalbo4

this 'building' won't need to be embedded but might end up on some wooden sleepers. The grass has been freshly done and has been blown across the road.

• Like 4