Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Jaz, I shouldn't worry too much about Ethel. She's Mutton dressed as lamb!

Thanks for posting up all about your very sophisticated control system. For someone still using string to control train movements it made very informative reading! Sasquatch has a million questions Kal but wont bother you as I still have two balls of string left!

Happy New Year to you guys from The Sasquatches. :drinks:

Happy New year to our Big Footed friends

Ethel does get bad press from the Boiler brigade, but ya know... she was only trying to help on the those cold winter nights.

When your string runs out, you know who to call...   Ballbusters

Edited by Kal

See, Jaz, there are some of us who happen to prefer our ladies with a measurably more shapely posterior...  it's usually only the other women folk who take isssue when the tender has a few yards of extra coal space.  Helps them go non-stop for longer, you know.

See Jaz, all that extra girth, just allows it to guzzle more coal.

• Like 1

Happy New year, to you both and family.

Dragging a tender behind a diesel, is just not fesible.

Happy New year dt.

No, it is Ethel that needs to travel two steps behind, don't forget this was the 70's and 80's

I can only suppose that Sir Charles goes to the right New Year Parties  ...

:yahoo:  :danced:  :dancer:

Happy New Year J, and to SWMBO and mini driver

hmmm. not as many as you would think, when ethel is tagging along behind him

PS..  the link doesn't work ;)

Edited by Kal
  • Like 1

For any one wondering , who ethel is and why she is there. They were used to provide heating to coaches for the Class 37 on Passenger duties in Scotland until ETH was fitted in the 37/4 conversions.

After that they saw service providing heating to coaches on Steam Charters, although many said that they spoiled the whole steam ambience, but me, well I think they brought a bit of class, to the table  :smoke:

Edited by Kal

To all those who view and do not post, Happy New Year.  :yahoo:

If you want to post in the future, we are a friendly,... if a little nutty bunch, so don't be afraid to say hello, all are welcome. :tease:

If you prefer to just read that is good too.  :good:

Good Health :drink_mini: And may you get all you desire  :senile:

Edited by Kal
  • Like 1

Hi Chaps & happy new year.

Must say ETHEL's looking very sexy. Where did you pull her then. Does she have a sister as she would be more than welcome at Kyle of Lochwilliam. Seriously though a very nice model.

Regards

Marcus

Edited by Marcus 37

Marcus37

Looked at your layout very nice, an belated Xmas pressie for me, I am now a follower  :sungum:

I know the feeling, there's so many good layouts on here its hard to keep up with them all. Don't worry I shall be following yours too now.

It's nice to have your regulars as well for a bit of banter.

Regards

Marcus

You know I am amazed and humbled by your & Kal's modelling as well as Mr. and Mrs. Sasquatch's artistry and craftmanship,  but have you stumbled across this modeller's work yet? He created a Goathland Station diorama 6 or 7 years ago that inspired me.

http://www.scenicmodelrailways.com/page_337517.html

Happy New Year!

I think this guy did the diaramas for the original Hornby buildings in their catalogue. Certainly very good :)

A little magic for Minidriver et al....the promised film crew finally arrive

A couple of 'body' double having a joke together, Harry has lost his glasses....... again

med_gallery_17883_2757_225790.jpgrmweb359hpotter1

The Knight bus all clean and ready for filming

med_gallery_17883_2757_156866.jpgrmweb360hpotter2

On the set, quickly checking the sound and the light, someones not paying attention and chatting up a nice female extra

med_gallery_17883_2757_184777.jpgrmweb361hpotter3

And he has still not noticed that filming is a bout to start, I think he has started the old come up and see my etchings....

med_gallery_17883_2757_422208.jpgrmweb362hpotter4

filming about to commence....

med_gallery_17883_2757_26656.jpgrmweb263hpotter5

A brooms view

med_gallery_17883_2757_648852.jpgrmweb264hpotter

OK directors happy......... places please all ready.............

• Like 5

That painting is one Jaz scrawled on our hallway wall. I wanted a HST, but hey..... :jester:

Makes a nice New Year card though.

At the time of initiation he was A4 this A4 that........He had taken me to the spot where the Mallard broke the record......very romantic.......

I'll need a room.............................................................for the HST....