Freemo Extravaganza

That quick??

Yes, I already have the 4 modules built. Just need to put them on a diet as they are 48 by 24. Then come up with a track plan, put down the track, wiring, etc, etc, etc.............

Yes, I already have the 4 modules built. Just need to put them on a diet as they are 48 by 24. Then come up with a track plan, put down the track, wiring, etc, etc, etc.............

Seaboard will have a couple of 24 to 18 inch converters sorted in the next couple of months which we could provide for future meets

Dan

You think you've got it bad

Look what the workers on Fort Myers have to deal with!!

I'm not up on RR bridge construction rules, but I did wonder if the trestle should have a walkway, or at least space, on one side. With a train stuck on it, it would appear to be uncrossable by humans. Which might make removing said train difficult.

Andy

Seaboard will have a couple of 24 to 18 inch converters sorted in the next couple of months which we could provide for future meets

Dan

Good idea. I still need to slim mine down though so they can work as part of the overall shed layout.

• RMweb Gold

Just a quick check, I've not dcc'd the geeps as finishing the layout took all the time with work so will there be some spare power to use? It's that or pop down for a decoder tomorrow and install it tomorrow night ;)

Layout boxed up and ready to go. Just need to check I've got all the bits ;)

• RMweb Gold

Just a quick check, I've not dcc'd the geeps as finishing the layout took all the time with work so will there be some spare power to use? It's that or pop down for a decoder tomorrow and install it tomorrow night ;)

I intend on bringing my back up DCC kit and test track with me.

Ian

• RMweb Gold

I'm not up on RR bridge construction rules, but I did wonder if the trestle should have a walkway, or at least space, on one side. With a train stuck on it, it would appear to be uncrossable by humans. Which might make removing said train difficult.

Andy

I am sure that some long trestles I have seen have just a recess bit of platform every so often but will study a few photos.

Ian

There will be some loco's around that can be used, i'm happy for folk to use any of mine.

Do we know how many "sections" / Modules will be at the extravaganza ?

Asking as I don't know whether to recommend attending to a neighbour (He's nearing retirement and thinking of going to the "dark side"). 

Business takes him to China 3 or 4 times a year, is this an advantage in obtaining N. American outline stock?

Do we know how many "sections" / Modules will be at the extravaganza ?

Asking as I don't know whether to recommend attending to a neighbour (He's nearing retirement and thinking of going to the "dark side"). 

Business takes him to China 3 or 4 times a year, is this an advantage in obtaining N. American outline stock?

In the region of 23-26, depending on definitions and a variable*. An almost-up-to-date plan is a couple of pages back up the thread, size-wise it's about 45' square in a 50x50 room.

If he's interested in popping in for a look, can you get him to contact Nick first please, it's not a "public" event and there are insurance implications?

(*The assumption that all the RS Tower crews ones will fit in the cars!)

• RMweb Gold

There will be some loco's around that can be used, i'm happy for folk to use any of mine.

Thanks Martyn :)

Just adjusting and installing kadees to replace any plastic spring ones.

If he's interested in popping in for a look, can you get him to contact Nick first please, it's not a "public" event and there are insurance implications?

Sorry, I knew it is a "closed" event, but saw a mention of Donations of about £4 if members of the public wandered in.

I'll check his W/E plans before bothering Nick.

I am sure that some long trestles I have seen have just a recess bit of platform every so often but will study a few photos.

Ian

Walkways on the side of bridges is a relatively new thing (last 20 years?), so depending on timeframe either you bridge doesn't need it, or it could be grandfathered in as an exception.

Archived