Scaleforum 2013 - 28 & 29 September

Flymo748

Morning all,

It's now just over a week until Scaleforum 2013, in its new home at Aylesbury.  As a taster of further layouts on show over the weekend, I'm pleased to give you:

Blackgill. as featured in the latest MRJ:

post-3210-0-58488300-1379660224_thumb.jpg

Nottingham Goods:

post-3210-0-57545000-1379660336_thumb.jpg

And to show that it is definitely not all steam powered, West End:

post-3210-0-14492600-1379660421_thumb.jpg

Don't forget that the Show Guide is freely downloadable, and contains details of all of the layouts and can be downloaded from http://www.scalefour.org/shows/scaleforumguide2013.pdf

Do come across to the Society Stand and say hello.  It would be great to put some faces to some RMWeb user names.

Cheers

Paul Willis

Scalefour Society Marketing Manager.

Paul,

Are you selling Warley tickets this year?

Bill

Hi Bill,

Sorry - I've been away for the weekend and only just picked this up.

I'm afraid that the answer is no.  However that is only to my knowledge from the Society perspective. 

I recall that there are one or two traders that have stocks independently.  The name of the one that does totally escapes me.  I can visualise the stand, and where they were in the main hall at Leatherhead, which is very frustrating.  If I hear of any news, I'll post it here.

Cheers

Paul

Scaleforum is not just about modelling to 18.83mm gauge.  We aim to include layouts, traders and other attractions that appeal to modellers in any scale, and in particular they may be interested in the lecture that is being given this year.

One of the attractions at Scaleforum that is missing from the show guide are the lectures, or more precisely the one lecture that will take place on both days.

We are very please that Jim Summers has agreed to give a lecture on the topic of "Earning a living".

The title refers not to him personally, but rather a look at what the railways did, how they operated on a day to day basis, and how we can represent this on our layouts. Some people may know that Jim spent his working life as a professional railwayman ending his career at a senior level with British Rail, and has a wealth of experience to share with us. Having had the pleasure at various times of hearing some of Jim's stories, I am sure that we have a very entertaining experience.

The lecture will take place on both days at 11.30am which will enable those who can only come on one day to hear it.

The re-introduction of the lectures at Scaleforum is in response to those members who have requested them, and this particular one covers the request for information about prototype practice.

Cheers

Paul Willis

Scalefour Society Marketing Manager

Hello

Just to remind you all that we are taking the Risborough Club Test Track along to Scaleforum, this will have the following for you to use:

1 off N Gauge DCC or DC

1 of P4 DCC only

1 of P4 DCC or DC

2 off OO Gauge DCC or DC

1 off O Gauge DCC or DC

We will have a choice of DC controllers, plus our DCC system is a Digitrax Superchief.

I will be there on the Saturday

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

Hello

Just to remind you all that we are taking the Risborough Club Test Track along to Scaleforum, this will have the following for you to use:

1 off N Gauge DCC or DC

1 of P4 DCC only

1 of P4 DCC or DC

2 off OO Gauge DCC or DC

1 off O Gauge DCC or DC

We will have a choice of DC controllers, plus our DCC system is a Digitrax Superchief.

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

Thank you for that - I was about to ask .......as I have three small non-dcc P4 locos part built that could do with a  gallop as I only have rollers and a short straight length of 18.83mm here at home.

Look forward to saying hello on the Saturday.

Hi Bill,

Sorry - I've been away for the weekend and only just picked this up.

I'm afraid that the answer is no.  However that is only to my knowledge from the Society perspective. 

I recall that there are one or two traders that have stocks independently.  The name of the one that does totally escapes me.  I can visualise the stand, and where they were in the main hall at Leatherhead, which is very frustrating.  If I hear of any news, I'll post it here.

Cheers

Paul

Is Roger Carpenter selling them?

Is Roger Carpenter selling them?

I don't know, but now that you say it, the name does ring a bell.

Why don't RMWeb folk just come along to Scaleforum on Saturday or Sunday to find out?  ;-)

Aylesbury isn't that far away from Birmingham, and it's a lot closer than Leatherhead.  If someone is contemplating attending the Warley show, then Scaleforum is perfectly possible.  The rail connections aren't quite as good as having Birmingham International on the doorstep.  There are details available in the downloadable show guide of the transport links.

And in case anyone would like earlier entry to the show, Advance Tickets are still on sale...for just three more days.

For anyone still intending to buy an advance ticket for this year's Scaleforum they will only remain on sale for three more days, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

The direct link is: http://www.scalefour.org/s4umtickets/etickets.html

If you have any questions, please e-mail: tickets@scalefour.org

See you at the weekend icon_e_biggrin.gif

Cheers

Paul Willis

• RMweb Gold

Hello

1 off N Gauge DCC or DC

1 of P4 DCC only

1 of P4 DCC or DC

2 off OO Gauge DCC or DC

1 off O Gauge DCC or DC

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

I'll leave my EM locos at home then :scratchhead:

Mike.

I'll leave my EM locos at home then :scratchhead:

Mike.

There's no reason EM locos won't run on P4 plain line (in fact they do, perfectly well; the EMGS test track has a P4 circuit on which I've used my EM locos and stock pefectly happily) - ahem, gauge widening, ahem - an EM club layout I'm occasionally involved with has quite a lot of P4 plain track. Points are a problem of course...

Adam

There's no reason EM locos won't run on P4 plain line (in fact they do, perfectly well; the EMGS test track has a P4 circuit on which I've used my EM locos and stock pefectly happily) - ahem, gauge widening, ahem - an EM club layout I'm occasionally involved with has quite a lot of P4 plain track. Points are a problem of course...

Adam

We do run EM trains around the test track with no problems, I am not too sure if I should say this but there is a photo of an EM loco on a P4 layout in the Scalefour guide!!!

• RMweb Gold

You could do what Martin Goodall does and use "EM" profile wheels set at P4 back-to-backs.... *sits back and waits for storm of protest at the very idea:jester:

Your a naughty man!  :D

Really looking forward to the weekend. 

Regards,

Nick.

Hi,

I've got the weekend off, so I will be travelling back home on Friday evening and will be attending Scaleforum on Saturday with dad, I've got to really, it's only down the road from (well kind of).

Look out for the Network Rail Fleece!

Simon

It's not all British outline steam at Scaleforum 2013...

After the success of Brian Harrap's Quai:87 layout at Scaleforum 2012 (you can see the pictures in the Retrospective here http://www.scalefour.org/shows/S4um2012/quai87.html ) we are very pleased to continue the finescale P87 theme.

Geraint Hughes' "Obbekaer" is a Danish might-have-been.  It's been nearly ten years since Geraint described the layout in Continental Modeller, and it has made much progress since then.  Many elements, including the superb buildings, have been meticulously scratchbuilt.  Do visit Scaleforum to see a very different take on finescale modelling:

post-3210-0-51311400-1380091924_thumb.jpg

post-3210-0-49394700-1380091948_thumb.jpg

Back on British soil, Allt-Y-Graban Road is the first attempt at a P4 layout by Bernie Baker, and features many of the constructions innovations that have appeared in the last few years.

post-3210-0-62701400-1380092129_thumb.jpg

If you're thinking of your first steps in finescale modelling, come along and have a look what is possible.  And have a chat with the demonstrators and exhibitors to find out more about how it is achieved. 

Cheers

Paul Willis

Hello

1 off N Gauge DCC or DC

1 of P4 DCC only

1 of P4 DCC or DC

2 off OO Gauge DCC or DC

1 off O Gauge DCC or DC

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

That's good, I'll bring all my stock to try out as I haven't got around to making any track.

Don't worry, when I say 'all' that amounts to one coach and one wagon. If I pull my finger out I might have a loco chassis.

See ya Sunday.

Ray.

A very frazzled Colin Seymour of Alan Gibson tells me he will have a couple of J15 and E4 loco kits for sale at Scaleforum, along with half a dozen each of GWR 850ST, 850PT, 1076ST and 1076PT, as well as the County Tank and the LSWR 02  kits........

Apparently computer malfunctions at Seymour Towers prevented him sending out a late customer newsletter with this information, so that very nice Mr York said I could post this here to hopefully lighten a few wallets this weekend

Advance Tickets for Scaleforum 2013  are still on sale, but this will be the last day...

So if you haven't got your ticket yet and you don't want to pay at the door, hurry, hurry!

http://www.scalefour.org/s4umtickets/etickets.html

Our webmaster will be closing the facility for this year when he gets up tomorror morning, and he is an early riser icon_e_smile.gif

Of course if you don't want an advance ticket or don't have time to buy one, we'll be very pleased to sell you your ticket at the door on Saturday or Sunday.

Hope to see you at the weekend

All the Best
Danny

Allt-Y-Graban Road is the first attempt at a P4 layout by Bernie Baker, and features many of the constructions innovations that have appeared in the last few years.

attachicon.gifAllt-Y-Graban Road.jpg

Bernie Baker gave me a call earlier this evening as he's one operator light for his crew owing to unforeseen circumstances. If anyone could help Bernie out for a few stints drop me a PM and I'll pass Bernie's contact details on. Accommodation and grub available if you wanted to help for the full weekend.

It's a cracking layout and one I'm looking forward to seeing again.

At AYLESBURY (in case anyone could possibly have forgotten...) setting up is well under way for Scaleforum.

Tomorrow, this space will be full of layouts, traders and visitors icon_e_smile.gif

file.php?id=7140&t=1

file.php?id=7141&t=1

I hope to see many of you this weekend icon_e_smile.gif

Cheers
Paul Willis
Scalefour Society Deputy Chairman

Archived