Show us your scratchbuilt building

Hi Gravy Train

If you use 'More Reply Options' (bottom right of the reply box), there is an icon in the middle at the top a green square in a black outline, that brings up a box to post your image link in. You do have to find the location of the image (right click in Windows usually - 'copy image location'), the page link doesn't work.

I hope that helps.

Really nice buildings and photos. Great use of colour, and I especially like the work on the chimneys on Brockholes.

Jamie

Brockholes LYR

westpennardbrochholes2xsboxes006_zpsca3e

Cleckheaton LYR

wainthrop2pics014_zps7ce5939c.jpg

Edited by Jamiel
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

I've got a gap in my layout to fill, have you got a set of plans for this superb building?

I can have a go building it in styrene then

Vulcanbomber,

If you mean the lineside industry, check out the 2013 Challenge sub-forum & thread, where a link to the plans in Allan & Iain's main thread are posted.

Also see my link below to my version.

Stu

• RMweb Gold

A couple of quick shots of my latest building, this one is a commision request of a building I've built before - an old tumbledown shed near Truro.

It's not quite finished yet, but it's close enough for a couple of snaps.

post-7025-0-54179300-1379681389_thumb.jpg

post-7025-0-94252300-1379681390_thumb.jpg

Edit : Having taken these pics, it's fairly obvious that the corrugated iron on the right is far too low, so has been prised off and trimmed to leave a higher doorway.

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 8

Hi Everyone

I am new to this forum and I am very impressed by the buildings shown in this topic. Here are some pictures of a village market I have made.

Stuart.

Very neat and impressive modelling Stuart. Thanks for sharing with us all.

Alan.

• RMweb Gold

Stubby 47*Stu...have you seen that 'truro' building recently almost covered in Ivy.

Looking good...

Cheers

Jack

It's also very much more of a ruin then when I took the photos, all the left hand side has collapsed.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Everyone

I am new to this forum and I am very impressed by the buildings shown in this topic. Here are some pictures of a village market I have made.

Stuart.

Hi Stuart.

That's some wonderful modelling!

Can I ask, is it based on a real location? The scene just looks very familiar, somehow.

Cheers,

Al.

Thanks for all the comments.

Hi Stuart.

That's some wonderful modelling!

Can I ask, is it based on a real location? The scene just looks very familiar, somehow.

Cheers,

Al.

Al

The buildings are based on ones from Burford in the Cotswolds although they are not arranged around a square as I have done. The church is based on The Church of St Thomas à Becket in Pylle, near Wells.

Stuart.

• Like 1

Lovely model Stuart,  Burford is a very picturesque town.

About 10 years ago I worked on a TV location shoot there, as the town has that lovely 'period' feel, there was an old fashioned sweet shop on the main street that still had lots of jars of different sweets in jars, just like you can remember from the 70s, and earlier. I hope that is still there.

Your model has the feel (as I remember) of the town, very pastoral, and gently English.

Jamie

Stubby47saw your caravans in the flesh yesterday and today at Newark / Diesels in the Duchy, very impressed, unfortunately could not get a good picture even after almost climbing into the layout, got some very strange looks as I leaned right in

med_gallery_17883_2781_1496919.jpg

• Like 4

A low relief house i started today and almost finished. Needs some tidying up and chimneys completed. But its almost there.

Made from layers of plasticard, scratchbuilt windows and door.

post-13209-0-78928500-1380134687_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Jack

Edit: not sure what to use for gutters though.

Edited by Jack00
  • Like 5