RMweb

Show us your scratchbuilt building

• RMweb Premium

this is a picture of the tunnel ive just scratched built for grange lane junction its in n gauge and the first thing ive scratchbuilt its made out of mounting board card with slaters plastic brick sheet and painted in ayclic paint

i no its not up to the standed of the rest of you so please be kind lol

brian

Looks really good Brian, you've captured the look of Engineers Blue Brick very well.

Cheers, Dave.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Looks really good Brian, you've captured the look of Engineers Blue Brick very well.

Cheers, Dave.

Thanks a lot dave ,it means a lot didn't know if I'd pull it off never painted anything before had to search rmweb for a correct colour I've learnt a lot since I've joined here and it's really bringing me on as a modeller

Thanks

Brian

Guest Celticwardog

Iv'e noticed Stubby you have a bit of a kink for the decrepit so have included this knackered old platelayers hut, complete wiv homeless geez and his manky sleeping bag. Actually saw one all kicked in recently. A hut I mean, not a homeless man!!!

post-19818-0-46798700-1381775056_thumb.jpg

Edited by Celticwardog
  • Like 7

Guest Celticwardog

Are you from the Newquay area in Cornwall by any chance? Just that I'm from Newquay myself.

No mate I'm in Colchester, Essex/Suffolk border, miles away lol

• RMweb Gold

Not a building as such, but here's a footbridge I've been working on.

It's all built from Plasticard and microstrip:

post-17302-0-91080900-1382450276_thumb.jpg

And here it is on the layout:

post-17302-0-88550900-1382450212_thumb.jpg

Still needs finishing off and painting.

Al.

Edited to add:

I forgot to say, if you want to see how this was constructed, it's on my layout thread from page 22 onwards, here:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/64977-bakewell-peak-district-line-br-the-main-station-building/page-22

Edited by acg_mr
  • Like 12

• RMweb Premium

A couple of pages back, I popped up some photos of the Lancashire Sock Manufacturing Company Limited when it was in it's early stages. Still got a way to go (more doors to add, painting of other doors, neatening up corners and the dreaded slates for the roof) but it is all in one structure now, with the windows added (Microstrip). Ruler is there to give an idea of the size.

The different styles of windows on the front are how the real building is; not sure it was like that in 1960 but it was so quirky that I had to copy it.

LancashireSock027_zpsd9df92d4.jpg

LancashireSock026_zps371adb60.jpg

LancashireSock025_zps9b02dd62.jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Al. What can I say? That is truly a work of art. I was chuffed to bits with the steps for my signal box, but that takes the biscuit! Have you been taking tips from the mad genius that is Ron Heggs?

Hi freebs, thank you very much. I must admit seeing what Ron has done definitely inspired me to at least have a go, although I would never dare put myself in his class. I don't think anyone can match what he has done with styrene.

He seems to be able to stick it together without any mess or visible sign of Mek-Pak, whereas I always end up with interesting fingerprints, or sticking something to the cutting mat, or a big blob showing!

Of course, it may be that Ron never photographs those bits... :)  however I think he's just a lot more practiced, and skilful, than I will ever be!

Cheers,

Al.

• Like 1

post-13209-0-79662600-1383259791_thumb.jpg

Railway cottages made from Will random stone dressing, and I the new peco window, door and drain pipe range...gets my vote as they are nice to work with and easily painted/detailed accordingly.

Cheers

Jack

• Like 9