RMweb

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod
Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

29 minutes ago, jbqfc said:

star wars.jpg

Funnily enough they wanted to do a few films in the late 1970s and a spoof of Star Wars was one of them. Mainly because they knew people who had access to the sets at Elstree.

Unfortunately they peed a lot of the regular cast off by making Carry On Emmanuel. They also tried Carry On Dallas with Kenneth Williams playing the JR character, but the makers of Dallas asked for too much money.

Details are in one of the books with some of the scripts of films they didn't make. I can't remember the book title as I got it from the library about ten years ago.

Edited by Steamport Southport
  • Informative/Useful 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

5 minutes ago, Baby Deltic said:

This sign appeared on a housing estate in Stapenhill and the locals are fuming about it, so unfortunately its been replaced with a 'more suitable' sign. 10/10 to whoever made it in my opinion. Excellent observation of reality.

100511857_playgroundedit.jpg.b09e1643619f9317aa9c6c4dbad2d585.jpg

The lady on the sign seems to be "fuming" too.  I suppose the kids are too young to have got around to that yet.

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Details are in one of the books with some of the scripts of films they didn't make. I can't remember the book title as I got it from the library about ten years ago.

This one ??

https://harpercollins.co.uk/products/the-complete-az-of-everything-carry-on-richard-webber?variant=32557710377038

I don't think so. It may well have similar information in or be the same book given a make over.

There is a mention on the Wikipedia page about some of them. It's not Carry On Spaceman.

It was a list of ones that they had planned. There was loads of them. Many probably never even got past the ideas stage. But I think the Star Wars one was a serious idea as they wanted to cash in on the popularity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carry_On_(franchise)

7 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

It's about time you took it back then!

Mike.

Unfortunately I did, not seen it since. It was in the big library in Liverpool City Centre. Since the refurbishment they don't seem to have as many books. 

• Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Unfortunately I did, not seen it since. It was in the big library in Liverpool City Centre. Since the refurbishment they don't seem to have as many books. 

On the basis that they're not replacing books (but setting up a media experience!), means that they effectively have no right to have books.

1 hour ago, kevinlms said:

On the basis that they're not replacing books (but setting up a media experience!), means that they effectively have no right to have books.

Not really.

One of the biggest libraries in the world and just had a multi million pound refurbishment. Just that you have to order the books if they aren't on the shelves as they are not all held on the premises.

https://liverpool.gov.uk/libraries/find-a-library/central-library/

• Informative/Useful 1