RMweb

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod
Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, rocor said:

A friend of mine, related to me a tale from when he was a teenager back in the nineteen fifties. Once he came upon a lady who was in some distress, as she had got the hem of her dress caught in the chain of her bicycle. In the resulting actions undertaken to disentangle the dress from the chain, he did inadvertently discover that she was neither wearing underwear and was a natural redhead.  

You will remember that image for the rest of your life.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, LimboBrit said:

I'm lucky I'm not allowed to eat grapefruit.

1 hour ago, CHAZ D said:

Neither am I. Blood pressure tablets warn against Grapefruit!

I don't eat grapefruit due to their acidity.  Horrid things!

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, CHAZ D said:

Neither am I. Blood pressure tablets warn against Grapefruit!

I've just been reading a little about that, how it was discovered that grapefruit inhibit medicines (it involved drugs, alcohol and raiding the refrigerator), and how the sneaky blighter does it.

Edited by Obi-Jiff Kenobi
Edited for clarity

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Coombe Vale said:

A woman was at her hairdresser’s getting her hair styled for a trip to Rome with her husband. She mentioned the trip to the hairdresser who responded: "Rome? Why would anyone want to go there? It’s crowded and dirty. You’re crazy to got to Rome! So, how are you getting there?"

"We’re taking Continental" was the reply. "We got a great rate."

"Continental?" exclaimed the hairdresser. "That’s a terrible airline. Their planes are old, their flight attendants are ugly and they’re always late. So, where are you staying in Rome?"

"We’ll be at this exclusive little place over on Rome’s Tiber River called Teste."

"Don’t go any further. I know that place. Everybody thinks its gonna be something special and exclusive but its really a dump."

"We’re going to go to see the Vatican and maybe get to see the Pope." said the woman.

"That’s rich," laughed the hairdresser. "You and a million other people trying to see him. if you do see him, he’ll look like the size of ant . Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of yours. You’re going to need it."

A month later, the woman again came in for a hairdo. The hairdresser asked her about her trip to Rome.

"It was wonderful," explained the woman. "Not only were we on time in one of Continental’s brand new planes but it was overbooked so they bumped us up to first class. The food and wine were wonderful and I had a handsome 28-year-old steward who waited on me hand and foot."

"And, the hotel was great! They had just finished a 5 million dollar remodelling job and now its a jewel, the finest hotel in the city. They too were overbooked so they apologised and gave us their owner’s suite at no extra charge!"

"Well," muttered the hairdresser," that’s all well and good but I bet you didn’t get to see the Pope."

"Actually, we were quite lucky because as we toured the Vatican a Swiss Guard tapped me on the shoulder and explained that the Pope likes to meet some of the visitors and if I’d be so kind as to step into his private room and wait, the Pope would personally greet me. Sure enough, five minutes later the Pope walked through the door and shook my hand! I knelt down and he spoke a few words to me."

"Oh really! What did he say?"

"He just said: ‘Who ****ed up your hair?’"

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I am glad that I had just swallowed my sip of soda before I got to the punch line, otherwise my monitor would have needed a thorough cleaning!

That has to be the funniest one that I have read here! Ever!

Edited by J. S. Bach
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2

52 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I am glad that I had just swallowed my sip of soda before I got to the punch line, otherwise my monitor would have needed a thorough cleaning!

That has to be the funniest one that I have read here! Ever!

I didn't find the joke that funny, and I suspect it's a repeat as many of them are on here, but your reaction was funny!! ;) :mosking:

• RMweb Gold
On 24/01/2022 at 15:16, rocor said:

A friend of mine, related to me a tale from when he was a teenager back in the nineteen fifties. Once he came upon a lady who was in some distress, as she had got the hem of her dress caught in the chain of her bicycle. In the resulting actions undertaken to disentangle the dress from the chain, he did inadvertently discover that she was neither wearing underwear and was a natural redhead.  

Pictures, please, colour in this case for obvious reasons, or it never happened …

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

I hear that British Railways Illustrated are releasing a special on steam engines that use the steam twice: first in a small, high-pressure cylinder then in a larger, low-pressure cylinder.

Well, that just compounds the issue.

Edited by CameronL
Typo
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6

22 hours ago, Obi-Jiff Kenobi said:

I've just been reading a little about that, how it was discovered that grapefruit inhibit medicines (it involved drugs, alcohol and raiding the refrigerator), and how the sneaky blighter does it.

Oh, no!

Absolut-Grapefruit-Flavored-Vodka-700ml-

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Allegheny1600 said:

I found it funny that Cameron’s joke about “compounding” was first reacted to by no other than “Compound” himself!

I know - small minds and all that.

Well, yes, what else could I do?

I'm afraid that in fact I found the joke rather laboured. My advice to would-be jokesters is: keep it simple...

• Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1