RMweb

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod
Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

9 hours ago, peanuts said:

Had to leave the Traveling Wilburys fan page far too much pettyness going on 

Next thing you know, you'll be free falling.
(and in Kingston, everything's legal as long as you don't get caught)  (HS)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Coombe Vale said:

Sorry to prolong this subject , but I note with interest  the use of the word "MUST." I take it to have the same meaning that a motorist MUST use his/her vehicle lights at night just as his/her vehicle MUST be insured, etc. If I am correct in my assumptions, then the police MUST prosecute/fine cyclists riding without lights just as they do motorists. That would go a long way to improving road safety.

If what you are asking is whether it is a legal requirement for a bike on the road to display lit white and red lamps at night, the answer is “yes it is”. But, no, the police aren’t obliged to prosecute/fine anybody, car driver, lorry driver, cyclist etc for failing to show lights, they have the option to stop and warn people.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Coombe Vale said:

Sorry to prolong this subject , but I note with interest  the use of the word "MUST." I take it to have the same meaning that a motorist MUST use his/her vehicle lights at night just as his/her vehicle MUST be insured, etc. If I am correct in my assumptions, then the police MUST prosecute/fine cyclists riding without lights just as they do motorists. That would go a long way to improving road safety.

In the Highway Code, MUST indicates a legal requirement. That does not create an obligation on the police to act; that will be a matter for a given police force to decide at its discretion, bearing in mind its limited resources. in short, if you want the police to act in such cases, you either have to decide that you are happy for them not to act in other cases of more serious crime or be prepared to pay for a significant increase in police funding through higher taxes. Despite this being the joke thread, this is not a joke. Sorry.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Coombe Vale said:

A man enters the confessional and says ,"Bless me father for I have sinned; it has been one month since my last confession. I've had sex with Fannie Green every week for the last month."
The priest tells the sinner, "You are forgiven. Go out and say three Hail Mary's."
Soon, another man enters the confessional. "Father, it has been two months since my last confession. I have had sex with Fannie Green twice a week for the last two months."
This time the priest asks, "Who is this Fannie Green?"
"A new woman in the neighbourhood," the sinner replies.
"Very well," says the priest. "Go and say ten Hail Mary's."
The next morning in church, the priest is preparing to deliver his sermon when a gorgeous, tall woman enters the church.
All the men's eyes fall upon her as she slowly sashays up the aisle and sits down in front of the altar.
Her dress is green and very short, with matching shiny emerald green shoes.
The priest and altar boy gasp as the woman sits down with her legs slightly spread apart, Sharon Stone style.
The priest turns to the altar boy and whispering asks, "Is that Fannie Green?"
The altar boy replies, "No Father, I think it's just the reflection off her shoes"...

Yay............a joke and good one too!!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Coombe Vale said:

They should do. There'd be a lot less trouble all round if they did. Not only by apprehending wrong-doers, but the possibility that a police officer could appear at any moment would put some people off. Prevention is always better than cure.

An oft' used quote amongst various law enforcement units - "It's not the fear of the punishment that restricts those wishing to break the law, it's the fear of being caught."  The less boots on the beat, the less chance that the police are likely to walk around the corner and the less the deterrent.....   Ummm.....

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, Al51 said:

I have a new girl friend. She works at a factory making wheelie bins.

Not sure what day to take her out.

But remeber it is only once a fortnight!

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

16 hours ago, jcredfer said:

An oft' used quote amongst various law enforcement units - "It's not the fear of the punishment that restricts those wishing to break the law, it's the fear of being caught."  The less boots on the beat, the less chance that the police are likely to walk around the corner and the less the deterrent.....   Ummm.....

The smarter criminals (those that have some purview as to the crimes that they involve themselves with), would at least know to stay away from street-crime.

• Like 1

Priceless picture

Apparently a truck driver drove through the gate to the Russian Embassy in Dublin, as a protest to the Invasion of Ukraine.

The Garda placed a police vehicle across the broken gates, to keep the Embassy safe. Just love the colour scheme...

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiU-KCJsrv2AhWagVwKHenwBn0QFnoECAcQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fextra.ie%2F2022%2F03%2F08%2Fnews%2Firish-news%2Fbarriers-erected-by-gardai-outside-russian-embassy-following-truck-incident&usg=AOvVaw1fyutY6UxlkIw46MDujCW0  

Scroll a bit for the best view.

Edited by jcredfer
  • Like 4
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 1

36 minutes ago, jcredfer said:

Priceless picture

Apparently a truck driver drove through the gate to the Russian Embassy in Dublin, as a protest to the Invasion of Ukraine.

The Garda placed a police vehicle across the broken gates, to keep the Embassy safe. Just love the colour scheme...

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiU-KCJsrv2AhWagVwKHenwBn0QFnoECAcQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fextra.ie%2F2022%2F03%2F08%2Fnews%2Firish-news%2Fbarriers-erected-by-gardai-outside-russian-embassy-following-truck-incident&usg=AOvVaw1fyutY6UxlkIw46MDujCW0  

Scroll a bit for the best view.

That truck driver had better keep some disposable gloves handy for every time he opens his front door....

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
23 hours ago, jcredfer said:

That happens when you pick two common colours for  your flag.

Blue and yellow have been Dublin bus colours for years:

20220311_102138.jpg.c668d0bc92d54a209df020ebcaf4bfd1.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

That happens when you pick two common colours for  your flag.

Blue and yellow have been Dublin bus colours for years:

20220311_102138.jpg.c668d0bc92d54a209df020ebcaf4bfd1.jpg

Neat; three buses, three different models,

• Like 1