RMweb

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod
Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

11 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

You promised you had posted your last cracker joke! Be careful.

I didn't want to waste them, but if you're adamant...

Q: This is a question

A: This is an answer....

There you go!

• Funny 2

12 hours ago, Welchester said:

So do the beers from this Staffordshire brewery:

https://www.titanicbrewery.co.uk/

(Captain Edward Smith was a Stokie.)

I would have thought Stoke would keep that quiet....

Still rumours that Titanic was actually Olympic repatched, and those rumours were common even when I was a kid and I'm from a shipping family and I don't particularly believe in conspiracy theories.

Damage definitely looks similar to that shown in underwater photos and scans.

spacer.png

Jason

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Still rumours that Titanic was actually Olympic repatched,

I thought that the Olympic / Titanic theory arose from an oft-shown bit of film purporting to be of Titanic but which is actually of Olympic at New York - the tugs having their New York lettering rather crudely blotted out on the film stock:

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

I would have thought Stoke would keep that quiet....

Still rumours that Titanic was actually Olympic repatched, and those rumours were common even when I was a kid and I'm from a shipping family and I don't particularly believe in conspiracy theories.

Damage definitely looks similar to that shown in underwater photos and scans.

spacer.png

Jason

The main thing is that the hole in Olympic is in her arse end, rather than the front (ok, replace stern and bow if you insist*..). It does show that the watertight bulkheads in the design could cope with "localised" flooding.  The shot of Hawke also shows what a silly idea Rams** were!  Couldn't even sink a civvy ship!

* Purists only!

** Ram so badly damaged that a collision mat had to be rigged to stem the inflow of water...

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

3 hours ago, Obi-Jiff Kenobi said:

Been thoroughly debunked - Skeptoid.com has done a piece on it, and is well worth a read.

As I said there are too many holes in the story not for it to have some basis in fact. Why for example was a clearly incompetent captain given such a major ship straight after a scandal such as that? Someone trying to cover something up.

I'm afraid I won't look at random internet websites. Especially one run by a convicted fraudster....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Dunning_(author)

• Like 2

At midday a man walked into a pub, up to the bar and said to the barman: "A pint of lager, please."

"Sorry," replied the barman. "We're waiting for a delivery. We'll have it back on draught at about three."

"OK," said the man and left. A quarter of an hour later he came back in, walked up to the bar and said to the barman: "A pint of lager, please."

"I've already told you," replied the barman. "We won't have any until three o'clock."

"OK," said the man and left. A quarter of an hour later he came back in, walked up to the bar and said to the barman: "A pint of lager, please."

"Did you not get the message?" replied the barman. Then, slowly and clearly he said: "We ... are ... waiting ... for ... a ... delivery. ... We'll ... have ... some ... after ... three ... o'clock."

"Look," said the barman, on the verge of losing his temper. "How do you spell it."

"Spell what?" the man replied.

"Lager."

"Oh, that's easy. L - A - G - E - R."

"What about the 'F'?" the barman asked.

"'F'?" said the man, sounding puzzled. "There's no 'F' in lager."

"Finally you get the message," the barman said. "See you after three."

Edited by CameronL
Typo
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Gold

Puts me in mind of a joke I posted a while back.

Three people walked into a bar. None of them were injured but the foreman had to fill out an HSE form.

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold

The Titanic/Olympic conspiracy theory is, to my mind, most interesting because at no point in it's century-plus history has anybody evey commented to the effect of 'no, impossible, that nice JP Morgan would never have been involved in such a terrible and shameful thing!'.  Seems it never happened, but that's because it never occurred to him, not because he wouldn't have done it!

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

Apologies if I've already posted this.

I've had enough of Christmas. All year long I work my fingers to the bone to buy all the presents that my kids ask for. And what happens Christmas morning? That fat fecker with a beard gets all the credit!
Still I suppose it's my fault for marrying her.

• Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, westernfan said:

Apologies if I've already posted this.

I've had enough of Christmas. All year long I work my fingers to the bone to buy all the presents that my kids ask for. And what happens Christmas morning? That fat fecker with a beard gets all the credit!
Still I suppose it's my fault for marrying her.

When are you due out of hospital...?

😏

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, Ian J. said:

When are you due out of hospital...?

😏

The funeral will be a week after his wife sees that comment! 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 8

59 minutes ago, JZ said:

416571856_2727999190709175_2183131381077774692_n.jpg.17006d0a818907b876df1c9cde333426.jpg

The woman is actually the bloke in reds wife.  The bloke in black is making an assignation with her...

The bloke in black should be asking the question!

• Funny 3