The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Gold
On 25/12/2020 at 17:59, F-UnitMad said:

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! Was it too much trouble to READ THE PREVIOUS PAGE before posting????!!!!!!

:nono:  :punish: :shout:

Seriously considering ignoring this whole Thread, never mind individual posters!!!  :banghead:

https://images.app.goo.gl/ouz4ZuRJfSgyjLXk6

Happy New Year.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 7

9 hours ago, newbryford said:

Waits for debate about various courier services................... that doesn't belong here - it's a joke - ok?

IMG-20210102-WA0010.jpg.fdbd5bbd03312f1c12154af0a6b64e11.jpg

At least with Royal Mail there is a local office that you can get to.

Stalking DPD is fun, Amazon is Amazon and if you buy from them then you have to accept the risks.  If your seller has picked Hermes/Yodel then you've only yourself to blame...

Have a nice day!  :jester:

• Agree 7

1 hour ago, Hroth said:

At least with Royal Mail there is a local office that you can get to.

Stalking DPD is fun, Amazon is Amazon and if you buy from them then you have to accept the risks.  If your seller has picked Hermes/Yodel then you've only yourself to blame...

Have a nice day!  :jester:

TBH I don't have any issues with Amazon (or UPS for that matter). There's an Amazon locker at the end of my road, and a UPS locker at the corner shop - both considerably closer than the Royal Mail 'delivery centre' which is a 5km walk away!

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, RJS1977 said:

TBH I don't have any issues with Amazon (or UPS for that matter). There's an Amazon locker at the end of my road, and a UPS locker at the corner shop - both considerably closer than the Royal Mail 'delivery centre' which is a 5km walk away!

How far away is the Royal Mail centre if you go in the car ?! :P

cheers,

Phil.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Phil Mc said:

How far away is the Royal Mail centre if you go in the car ?! :P

If it's the one I'm assuming it is, the walk is neither convenient nor pleasant apart from the opportunity for a bit of train spotting on both the Great Western and South Eastern lines. Back in the days when one did such things, I always drove.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

The Govt in Egypt have requested taxi drivers to drive around major citys for 24 hrs sounding theyre horns . this they hope will calm the worried populace during the pandemic by hearing a return to normality 

operation " toot n calm em " starts tonight at 10 pm 

i will get my coat 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 2

23 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

If it's the one I'm assuming it is, the walk is neither convenient nor pleasant apart from the opportunity for a bit of train spotting on both the Great Western and South Eastern lines. Back in the days when one did such things, I always drove.

Sounds like the one you're thinking of is the one on the old Suttons Industrial Estate which is actually closer to me and (for the most part) would be a nice walk along the Thames Path.

However the one my post keeps ending up at is the other one near Morrisons, which is a longer walk, though the stretch along the banks of the K&A is quite nice, and better than going up and over Whitley Roundabout.

Going by car isn't an option, for the simple reason that I don't have one....

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, peanuts said:

The Govt in Egypt have requested taxi drivers to drive around major citys for 24 hrs sounding theyre horns . this they hope will calm the worried populace during the pandemic by hearing a return to normality 

operation " toot n calm em " starts tonight at 10 pm 

i will get my coat 

690dc7a95d69aeb83724ae8cff7a5384.0.png.29d0cb9653d376640e2d0bfe90946e06.png

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2