Nelson's Workbench: Rolling stock from Ulster

Hello everyone,

Today saw the van getting its door and roof made, small details such as the door handles and straps were also put on the van.

Sorry about the poor lighting in the pics, I'll tidy the van tomorrow and get it ready for the paint shop.

post-19436-0-11956400-1398371492_thumb.jpg

post-19436-0-39898900-1398371499_thumb.jpg

Many thanks

Nelson

Edited by Nelson Jackson
  • Like 7

Oh WOW! Aside from the dummy coupling hook and the tension locks, this looks really good. The doors are absolutely beautiful. It really does look realistic. The balsa on the corners came out really nice as well. Just dont scrape them. If the corners ever give you trouble, maybe using bass wood would make a more durable corner. 

This is just spectacular. 

• Like 1

Nelson

Well done that is a fantastic model. I particularly like the fact that the balsa wood actually looks like wood once it is painted. (no surprise really). It is important not to get fixated on one modelling medium and to use the best material to do the job. I now I am some times guilty of trying to work out how to make something and failing the sometime later I realise I should use a different material and it suddenly becomes easy. Any way you have shown that you can work well with different mediums. Keep up the good work.

regards

David