Nelson's Workbench: Rolling stock from Ulster

Hello everyone,

Here's the latest project, it's a LMS NCC open wagon, everything that is white in the pics below has been individually cut out from plasticard sheets, a timely process but it looks the part.

post-19436-0-38201800-1399231983_thumb.jpg

Many thanks

Nelson

• Like 7

Looks great Nelson!!

One note, while I'm sure all your models are fully authentic and accurate, for us none Irish modellers, could you include a prototype pic with your Irish models, purely as an interesting comparison?

Not that I'm doubting your work, it's fabulous - and annoyingly fast!

• RMweb Gold

Hi there, I particularly like those w irons on this van. When I've made things like that out of plastikard it always seems to take ages, and then, suddenly, the jobs finished. Certainly very well done on your latest model and I look forward to further progress on this van.

All the best,

Market65.

Thank you everyone for your kind words, I appreciate it.

Yep, it's the Dapol chassis, removing the brake lever wasn't too hard, just attack it with a knife, saw, file and cutters :)

post-19436-0-29029100-1399298233_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nelson Jackson
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Hi Nelson, the finished wagon has turned out superbly. And to echoe a previous comment, the weathering is tremendous - far better than I was able to achieve in my teens! I look forward to your next project. :)

All the best,

Market65.

Hi Nelson, the finished wagon has turned out superbly. And to echoe a previous comment, the weathering is tremendous - far better than I was able to achieve in my teens! I look forward to your next project. :)

All the best,

Market65.

It's an excellent looking wagon. If Nelson was 75 years old instead of 15, it would still be excellent.

Regards,

Stefan

I tell you what mate you could charge for a painting service that good.

Steve

(Though that rail it's sat on is a bit corse - what is it code 400?)

Edited by Londontram

Here they are in a more realistic setting, once the exams are over and summer begins then I'll be making lots more to build a decent wagon rake for exhibitions.

post-19436-0-88348700-1399750191_thumb.jpg

post-19436-0-07859000-1399727318_thumb.jpg

post-19436-0-69488400-1399727327_thumb.jpg

Sorry for my poor photography skills,

Nelson

Edited by Nelson Jackson
  • Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Since school work and exams are slowing things down, I decided to do a small project, a small photographic plank. This would be my first proper attempt at any thing like this, ignore the white bits in the pics below that's just the PVA, it hasn't completely dried yet. I'm thinking about varnishing the wood, what do we think?

post-19436-0-67102300-1400428117_thumb.jpg

post-19436-0-61636300-1400428128_thumb.jpg

post-19436-0-02364400-1400428143_thumb.jpg

Many thanks

Nelson

• Like 11