Nelson's Workbench: Rolling stock from Ulster

Evening everyone, more work has been done to the 2 LNER 6 plank wagons and they are now finished ready for the paint shop, I enjoyed this build not too much trouble and nice and easy to put together.

The GNRI cattle wagon is now complete and just needs to have it roof painted.

post-19436-0-44619900-1395608637_thumb.jpg

I've tried a new technique for interior wood and I'll leave you to decide how it looks when the wagon is complete, the interior still needs touching up with paint at the edges and corners.

Thanks

Nelson

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

The 2 Cambrian LNER 6 plank wagons have been built and been through the paint shop and are now completely painted, body (may be a tad too bright for LNER grey but weathering should fix that) and underframe. But whilst trying to paint up the interior I messed it up badly and it's going to take a while to remove and start over again, so what I'm thinking is to add a coal load to both of them (similar to the hurst wagon) and this I think would make the wagon look better and save me time :) my plan is to have them ready for an exhibition on the 12th of April so I seem to be on target.

Thanks

Nelson

• Like 1

The Cambrian 6 plank is a goods wagon, not mineral. The door opens right up to the top of the side. Better to put a sheet over it - either over the whole thing (see my thread for doing this using clingfilm) or tucked inside over a piece of foam or similar. Sheets can be made from black paper or a songle ply of tissue sprayed black.

Hello everyone,

Here is the GNRI cattle wagon, all complete apart from the roof and small details that need touched up.

The 2 wagons have been painted and the interiors repainted, although not as good as my first attempt I think it looks okay, tomorrow will hopefully see the wagons weathered, couplings and wheels added. post-19436-0-40042400-1396817876.jpg

post-19436-0-77943500-1396817849_thumb.jpg

post-19436-0-90914800-1396817909_thumb.jpg

Many thanks

Nelson

• Like 7