Aylestone Depot

shanks522

If you didn't know Bachmann have just announced they are making s stock for the london transport museum as a commission. 

Thanks WCML100, I had seen that Bachmann are making one, i'm holding off ordering a set until i get some more class 20's.

Like the look of your red class 20 :senile:

Cheers Neil, need to find 20227 now.

Graham.

• Like 1

Do you want me to ask frend for you at Bachmann :locomotive: :senile:

That would be really nice of you Neil, As they were a limited edition run for the LT museum i think the only place i'l pick one up is ebay but theres no harm in asking.

cheers

Graham. 

Hello all,

Day off today so did a bit on the layout.

Thought i'd try to be productive so i've built the removable section thats in a corner and will become scenic hillside when done.

Simple framework for the cover to sit on, the cover itself has an inch square frame  underneath to stop it warping or twisting.

post-6774-0-54739900-1436372796_thumb.jpg

Stick the lid on and it tidy's it all up.

post-6774-0-08044300-1436372813_thumb.jpg

Nice shot of the multiple levels on the layout.

post-6774-0-62041800-1436372817_thumb.jpg

In other news i hit a bit of a milestone this week when the last pieces of track were pinned into place at the branch terminus.

I've fitted the platform edgings and poured the first filler mix to create the surface.

Thumper and EPB in the terminus.

post-6774-0-15713500-1436372787_thumb.jpg

With the two platform roads and a siding within the tunnel i now can alternate between 3 units to and from Aylestone West Station, Just another way to increase operating potential. 

NSE EPB on the tunnel siding.

post-6774-0-19883800-1436372768_thumb.jpg

33059 passing the unit with an engineers train.

post-6774-0-26654400-1436372780_thumb.jpg

Another shot of the same train showing the multiple levels with the MLV hiding on the depot headshunt.

post-6774-0-74836600-1436372772_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Graham.

• Like 10

well it's good to see you have made some where for Archies Basket to go.

He can keep an eye on what your doing and advise with his thoughts.

Funny you should say that Pete, Its nice to have him and his brother in there whilst i'm working on the layout but the chances of them sitting there nicely are nigh on impossible! 

Graham.

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your kind words, unfortunately my brain has to many idea's, hence the reason i never stick to a rigid trackplan!

I've already got idea's for the scenic area involving the Faller road system!

Cheers

Graham.

• Like 1

Hello all,

A little bit of work and some play time.

I've started to box in sections of the layout that i don't want seen, there totally removable for access/maintenance. 

An overall shot of the chaos, There are three different sections all of which are all removable.

post-6774-0-69970200-1436733054_thumb.jpg

The branch line drops down into a tunnel as the roadway climbs up and over.

post-6774-0-86218000-1436733081_thumb.jpg

Also made a quick video of a new loco, I bought a Legomanbiffo 66 sound chip off fellow RMWeb member Marcus (carefreefc), Forgetting that all my 66's are 8 pin rather than 21 pin i needed a new loco, I had a search and ended up buying 66101 in DB Schenker livery, No good for the layout whatsoever but a nice toy to bring out every now and then.

After downloading the memory card i also found some footage i'd forgotten about so added that to.

cheers

Graham.

• Like 7

Looks like this is going to be a beast of a layout when its done. I don't know if you've mentioned it earlier in the thread, but what sort of size is the layout?

Hi Marcus,

I don't think i've mentioned the size before, The room the layout is in is 8ft by 8ft, the main layout is 8' by 5' 6'' and the depot and yard take up the remaining 2'6'' by 18'' each side.

cheers

Graham.

• Like 2

Graham

It's good to see each cat can have their own basket on each side of the layout now and you have put a walkway in for them to cross from one side to the other as well that is considerate of you. :tease: :good:

Looking good.

Pete

Hello all,

We have a Austrian interloper in Kent!

post-6774-0-52019000-1437078382_thumb.jpg

I received a lovely surprise / Gift this week in the form of a Roco Taurus loco, It's something i've been thinking of buying for a while but my extremely kind parents beat me to it! 

It's a beautiful model and fits in well with my current Austrian interests but the main attraction is that it has a camera fitted within one of the cabs and i can view the layout via wifi. I've only tested it briefly with an I-pad but the footage is fantastic, One slight drawback is that i need a PC to download the software from Z21 to record what i film, As i only have Apple products a PC has just been bought which should resolve any issues, video's to follow soon ( Hopefully ). 

You can just make out the camera behind the windscreen.

post-6774-0-37678100-1437078393_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Graham.

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...