Acacia Avenue - BR parcels and stabling SOLD

mudmagnet

Crikey Richard those buildings popped up quick. Starting to really come together now. Looking very good. Whats the layouts backstory? I like to know these things to help me place where it is, why its there and the like.

• RMweb Gold

Crikey Richard those buildings popped up quick. Starting to really come together now. Looking very good. Whats the layouts backstory? I like to know these things to help me place where it is, why its there and the like.

Hi Cav, thanks for the comments.

I do find when I get started on building or similar, I have to crack on to get them to finished or almost finished state. Otherwise, they tend to stay unfinished as I divert onto something else. In fact,this has happened with the shop - still some bits to finish, but i'll get there eventually. Anyway, I wanted to get the buildings along the rear to a part finished state to enable the overall scene to develop.

As far as a backstory, Acacia Avenue is a small parcels / newspaper deopt on the edge of a town, somewhere in the south west, fortunately still served by a rail service in the years 1976 to 1983. Part of the line has been truncated where it crosses the road, although the track remains across the road, the rest has been removed. Locos will be seen occasionally being stabled between duties. It is envisaged that the main station is just the other side of the bridge.

Started on something new last night, for the layout, but will not be revealed until RMweb day at Taunton .....

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Sorry Richard, cant make Taunton you need to reveal all now, (about the layout that is) hahaha

Bodge :sungum:

Sorry, but you'll have to wait!

I've not finished what I'm doing yet and don't want to reveal until finished and fitted on the layout!

Sorry, but you'll have to wait!

I've not finished what I'm doing yet and don't want to reveal until finished and fitted on the layout!

OHEL?

3rd RAIL?

Narrow Gauge Line?

Hump Shunt,? (i.e. badly made base boards)

Smell of Beer from the Pub?

Real running water?

A mirror like Rays Hounslow Sidings?

Dunnow I give up,

Guess I'll have to wait.

Bodge :smoke: :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand:

• RMweb Gold

OHEL?

3rd RAIL?

Narrow Gauge Line?

Hump Shunt,? (i.e. badly made base boards)

Smell of Beer from the Pub?

Real running water?

A mirror like Rays Hounslow Sidings?

Dunnow I give up,

Guess I'll have to wait.

Bodge :smoke: :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand:

Well, I can help you out with this one.

Definitely not 5 of them, possibly 2 in the future, but not what I'm doing now!

• Like 1

Hi Richard

Those buffer stops certainly look the real deal......

Thanks for the comment regarding how they are fitted as unless one has used them before one wouldn't know.......

Really looking good......Look forward to seeing it 'in the flesh' in July......

Cheers Bill

• RMweb Gold

Glad to see it's not just me trying to finish all those last minute jobs!

As has been said, this looks another really good layout, looking forward to seeing it for real in a few weeks.

Stu

• RMweb Gold

Hi Richard

Those buffer stops certainly look the real deal......

Thanks for the comment regarding how they are fitted as unless one has used them before one wouldn't know.......

Really looking good......Look forward to seeing it 'in the flesh' in July......

Cheers Bill

Hi Bill,

I had not seen much about these buffer stops before, apart from the photos on the Lanarkshire website and one that Ray had built for Hounslow Sidings, so thought it was worthwhile giving a little more detail.

They do look the part and would recommend them. I'll be using them on the next project ...

Glad to see it's not just me trying to finish all those last minute jobs!

As has been said, this looks another really good layout, looking forward to seeing it for real in a few weeks.

Stu

Thanks Stu,

Don't tell anyone, but I still need to build the fiddle yard .....

• RMweb Gold

Acacia Avenue is really looking the business now MM, what a lovely layout. Nice buffer stops, that does really finish it off.

I look forward to seeing a few locos on the layout.

Thanks,

I'll take some more photos in a couple of weeks or so.

To be honest, I need to set the camera up properly on the tripod ...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Those buffer stops are lovely nicely built Richard

Hi Richard

Your buffer stops are looking good mat and the greenery is looking good as well, the  Lanarkshire buffer stops looks far better than the Peco ones.

Keep up the work.   

Thanks for all your comments and 'likes' !

Very pleased with the buffer stops. Managed to get 10 mins in the garage this evening for a few minor tasks.

Also started work on a couple of other bits for the layout. Photos to follow when finished.

• Like 2