Crilly Street. Class 08 diesel.

Father Dougal

Hello! I finally have the old spare room cleared of Father jacks detritus and Rabbits.

Time to press on with my micro layout.

The base boards are fixed and give a foot print of 10 foot by 2 foot.

The layout will be mostly grotty old buildings with an unhealthy coating of dirt, but I will try and squeeze in a drainage ditch with a small bit of greenery.

The track plan is a simple run around loop. I can fit in 2 decent sidings for Jack's Brewery and Mrs Doyle's tea emporium. I might be able to add 2 more sidings, but I will have to see. I don't want to make it look too overcrowded.

The layout will also have the highest ratio of Priests per capita of any layout and a few well placed cameos. If you want prototype fidelity, you probably won't find it here.

I will post a few pictures over the weekend.

Dougal.

Ummm, No. Diesels have to be Blue.

No! Paint them black and orange. Go on-Go on-Go on-Go on!

(As in

)

Great thread, by the way. Originality and humour. Love it.

How annoying, Preiser do the Pope in HO (28060) and G scale (45506) but not in O gauge.  You can get Barak Obama (65360) in 7mm though...

These popes are small, and these are far away ...

That's the Preiser Pope (modified) in my avatar. Incidentally, it's Benny, not Frankie.

Oh, sounds like an advert for ice cream ...

Time for a vague track plan. I know it fits as I have already placed the track. The vague part is how I combine the various structures to give a hemmed in urban scene- whilst still being able to reach the wagons.

This is the Dream part. The track plan is a simple run around loop with 2 sidings and a half- station platform with a road bridge at the back.

The sidings can take about 5 wagons at a time and provide some shunting.

I aim to use a few well placed cameos from Father Ted to create something a bit different to most layouts.

But, I still want the layout to look credible.

The road bridge over station is not common, but it is prototypical (honest). Besides I have 2 bridge kits to bash about and use.

I plan to go out with my camera tomorrow and take a few pictures of structures I aim to use on the layout.

I don't intend to produce exact copies, but they will have an air of realism to counter a few of the cameos I plan to use- remember the milk float and cardboard boxes scene with Dougal?

I have to model that scene on the bridge.

Oh, and a rambling hoarde of old ladies wandering across the station platform should be fun too.post-18380-0-84993100-1381567654_thumb.jpg

My first visitor to the layout!

post-18380-0-80260000-1381579013_thumb.jpg

Once I had 'encouraged' the cat to go somewhere else, I could begin laying the foam board on top of the base board.

The foam had bowed a bit, so I had to improvise with a few heavy items.

post-18380-0-54448600-1381578988_thumb.jpg

Once the PVA has set I can add the dividing Backscene for the fiddle yard. This will be removable so that I can get to the track easily if I need to.

Dougal.

I do hope there is room for an exploding milk float cameo.

Oh yes, There is a 7mm milk float and you can by a driver too! I plan to model the road blocked with card boxes.

If possible, I might model the 3 priests conducting mass on a trailer whilst being pulled along by a tractor.

This could go on and on and on....

Oh yes, There is a 7mm milk float and you can by a driver too! I plan to model the road blocked with card boxes.

If possible, I might model the 3 priests conducting mass on a trailer whilst being pulled along by a tractor.

This could go on and on and on....

And so it should!!!

Father Jack

Archived