Heljan Warley 2013 news

Dagworth

Itemn 3412 class 33/0 green syp is not listed by retailers.  What am I missing?

Listed at Hatton's as the Model Rail magazine exclusive!: http://www.ehattons.com/68799/Heljan_3412_Class_33_diesel_D6510_in_BR_green_with_small_yellow_panels/StockDetail.aspx

Also see entry #401 here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/5697-limited-editions-news/page-17

• RMweb Premium

The Model Rail limited edition is not sold out. As far as I am aware we don't yet have a price, so we can't advertise or start taking orders yet.

CHRIS LEIGH

Thanks Chris

That's what I assumed to be the case but was misled by ( a ) the reference to green sywp item 3412 in the general listing of new releases in this topic and elsewhere with no reference to it being a limited or special and no distinguishing catalogue number as other manufacturers would have used and ( b ) this from Hattons themselves who have removed the reference to a price they showed for a day or so and replaced it with "No longer available" and "(Model Rail Magazine Exclusive)"

Scale: OO Gauge (1:76 Scale)

Product Code: 3412

Product Title: Class 33/0 diesel D6510 in BR green with small yellow panels

No longer available

Is this item actually in stock? No 

This item has sold out and we are unfortunately unable to obtain any additional stock of this particular product.

I had cause to query a listing with Hattons for something else recently - also a retailer's special commission which was listed in misleading terms - so I wonder if they need closer control over who loads what onto their web sites.

I'm surprised Hattons list it all but I expect the data comes off some document released by Heljan and that's the best way that Hattons can show it as not being available from themselves. I'm sure we'll be looking at this with Heljan as soon as we can, but although it was mooted a while ago, we were not aware of the opportunity to proceed until quite recently. Our Red Star Class 128 is ahead of it in the production 'queue' anyway.

CHRIS LEIGH

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Chris

That's what I assumed to be the case but was misled by ( a ) the reference to green sywp item 3412 in the general listing of new releases in this topic and elsewhere with no reference to it being a limited or special and no distinguishing catalogue number as other manufacturers would have used and ( b ) this from Hattons themselves who have removed the reference to a price they showed for a day or so and replaced it with "No longer available" and "(Model Rail Magazine Exclusive)"

I had cause to query a listing with Hattons for something else recently - also a retailer's special commission which was listed in misleading terms - so I wonder if they need closer control over who loads what onto their web sites.

It is a not uncommon problem with Hattons and it strikes me as something of a 'spoiler' type of tactic which is saying 'sorry, you can't have that .. but (hint) while you're here ...etc).  They have for example listed items in the past as being out of production when they weren't and when other retailers have held and advertised stocks.  The simple message ought to be 'we have sold out (and, where relevant, can't get any more of this item)'.  Or - as in this case - 'we are unable to stock this item'

Basically it seems to be part of a 'come on' sales approach but it can be somewhat inaccurate as a portrayal of what is actually available on the wider retail market.

It is a not uncommon problem with Hattons and it strikes me as something of a 'spoiler' type of tactic which is saying 'sorry, you can't have that .. but (hint) while you're here ...etc).  They have for example listed items in the past as being out of production when they weren't and when other retailers have held and advertised stocks.  The simple message ought to be 'we have sold out (and, where relevant, can't get any more of this item)'.  Or - as in this case - 'we are unable to stock this item'

Basically it seems to be part of a 'come on' sales approach but it can be somewhat inaccurate as a portrayal of what is actually available on the wider retail market.

You've hit the nail right on the head there Stationmaster.

• RMweb Gold

VERY nice pic Michael albeit for different reasons if I may drag the thread OT for a moment.

The Dreadnought brake coaches had pick up beams for connecting to the Met Bo-Bo's to prevent gapping (real life echoing modelling?)

I've seen it quoted in print a couple of times that the brake coaches only had shoe beams on the 'south' side with never any phtographic evidence to back it up. This made me suspicious it was an urban myth being copied each time someone wanted something to write about.  Given that most photters tended to phot from the south (or west side) with the limitations of film etc back in day, very few decents phots exist showing the 'north' side.

If fact this is only about the 5th one I've seen showing this side with clear detail and in each case the shoe beam has been on the brake coach.

• 4 weeks later...

Specifically on the OT question raised about Dreadnought brake coaches.

As previous posts clarify, the Met's 'Dreadnought' or 'Main Line Stock' had a full set of shoegear fitted to Brake coaches [installed in years 1915-1917 and to new vehicles thereafter] to one bogie at the brake end - a negative shoe for the centre rail, and a positive shoe at each side of the vehicle, allowing for transposing of the outer positive conductor rail.

My suggestion on the origin of the 'urban myth' of south side only:

Met. Railway documents record that the traction supply bus line [and therefore the jumper receptacles] on this family of coaches in loco-hauled form was on the Down side only. This would correspond to a 'south' or 'west' side connection through all the coaches to the Electric loco.

Having stated this, an immediate caveat - of many photographs of these trains, including the one posted, the vast majority conform to the above. One or two photographs do show instances of the traction supply jumper connection on the 'Up' side - with a triangular junction en-route, the possibility exists of train formations being turned for operational reasons.  There's at least one other [as yet inexplicable] photographed instance where a bus line receptacle isn't on the expected side of the vehicle!

Sorry to be late seeing this topic.

• 7 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

No need to make that redundant Rob, she's a little beauty! Kit over RTR any day of the week.

A 1361 would have been nice though (we are never happy are we!).

Regards,

Andy.

Your wishes came true after all. Andy !

Archived