Fryers Lane - Speedlink in the '80s (P4)

Mark Forrest

• RMweb Premium

I could build a layout all the way round the garage at that height and still drive the car in underneath it - interesting...

A small set back with the fiddle yard at the left end this afternoon as the rail height didn't quite work out to be what it should have been. Sorted now, or it will be when the last bit of track is finally fixed down in the morning.

Backscene and layout fascia have had a coat of paint, lighting bar is now fixed in place and I spent most of this evening painting buildings and walls ready to fix them in position tomorrow.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Do you actually want a caravan ? By next weekend ?

I'll be honest, it's not a scenic feature I have any need for. I had ideas for several road vehicles I fancied modelling, but as the layout has progressed I've found there really isn't much space for much more than the four buildings that I've got so far. Thanks though.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'll be honest, it's not a scenic feature I have any need for. I had ideas for several road vehicles I fancied modelling, but as the layout has progressed I've found there really isn't much space for much more than the four buildings that I've got so far. Thanks though.

You've obviously gotten yourself too many buildings then.

Mike.

• RMweb Premium

Bit of a mixed day. Good progress with the fiddle yards and giving everything a coat of paint to smarten the appearance.

Finally got the electromagnets wired to their switches (having spent an hour searching for the switches), but found that using the same power supply as the servos pushing the button for the magnet causes the servos to twitch. Looks like I need to get a separate power supply, but think we'll be uncoupling manually at S4um.

Second setback came from a loose connection in the LED lighting. I tried to repair it, but made a bit of a mess of it. Need to get some replacement parts from Maplin tomorrow.